Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 1, 2012, 5:50 AM   #1

Default Cyclists.... a few pics

Having taken pics at the London Marathon a few months back got me itching to shoot some sport - runners, tennis, cycling etc. I was going through LR4 and stumbled on some pics that I took back in 2008/2009. My recollection of the day was that most of the pics were OOF and I remember giving up and moving on to something else because the AF just seemed to frustrate me but now looking back at the pics I was surprised to find that quiet a number of the pics were actually in focus. Now all of the panning shots were OOF and that I can blame on my lack of experience and teh E-3s AF not being up to par.

All taken with the E3 + 35-100F2, RAW pp LR4. I think IS was on for all of the shots.

Last edited by HarjTT; Jul 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:10 PM   #2

These arent bad HarJ. Not as easy as one thinks this action stuff. Too bad the panning didn't work out, that's were the action shows with the blurred, streaky background.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:05 PM   #3

Nice shots Harj. I really like the concentration on the face of the rider that you captured in shot #3.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:08 PM   #4

All I remember from that day was coming away feeling annoyed that I couldnt get the shots that I was hoping too. I think the catwalk show earlier that month where I ended up with nothing because the AF couldn't track and focus on the models left me feeling that the E-X's AF simply wasn't up to the job. Looking back I wish I hadn;t been so hasty esp when I only took 20 shots and at least 8-10 were aok.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:08 PM   #5

Nice shots and a hard job to make these. I simply hated fast movements.
Since the E-3 this has be changed, I have the feeling comparing to the E-500 that the E-3 does deliver a huge difference in making photographs of fast moving objects.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote