Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:59 PM   #1

Default I have been not here for some days - weeks.....

Hi all,

I have not been here lately or had the courage to come in and have a quick look but did not even took the time to say anything.

First off all there is something you all don't know and that is that I have some health issues.

We talk here about spinal columm problems.
I'm that far that running around with bag full of photographic material gives me problems fast.

I would like to explain it all a bit so that it is off my chest, I do not want to hear sorry to hear or anything like that, that doesn't help me any further and I also don't want that. I just want to have that you all know what is going on and what is the reasen you don't see me sometimes.

Ok, back to the problem: spinal colum...
I will use the official nummers so you all can check thinngs up if you can not understand.

first of all I have an amount of hernias in all three zones.
Cervical: all levels (C2-3, C3-4, C4-5, C5-6, C6-7)
Dorsum: D2, D7-8, D9-10
Lumbar: L3-4, L4-5

Second I get lost of intervertetral (is this correct?) discs.
In the whole Dorsum I don't have none of them anymore and in total missing 12 piceces what is the half.

There an amount of things that follow on this all but too hard to explain.
My biggest problems are L4-5 and D9-10.
Dorsum can't be operated in this far they told me but now I have another Prof that claims she can help me.

She claims for an operation every 3 a 4 months.
Starting with the Cervical levels, once that is ok Lumbar and then they would look to get the Dorsum solved.

The Prof where I was before with (he did stop working) said it was all to dangerous to even try anything.
The new prof (other university hospital) said she can do it and will be talked out in group with other profs.
First of all a huge bunch of questions for myself and second being afraid also ( I do not want to be an experiment since there are not many multilevel patients or even person with Dorsum hernias).

Again I do not want to have any sympathy, but that you all know why I'm not here in periods. Also why I do not post more images... Sorry for that.

Greetings,
Pascal aka Lordje

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:29 PM   #2

Hey Pascal

Not too sure what to say other than I do know where your coming from with regards to the back injury and not being so active on the forum.

Its been one of the reasons why I haven't been shooting as much and why I didn't make it to this weekends airshow at Duxford - my back had started to play up big time and there was no way I was taking a chance with it to get to the airbase.

Fingers crossed that you get better and improve! Back injuries and surgery always make me jump....

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; Jul 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:42 PM   #3

Just want to say good luck, and that we are here to listen to what ever you care to share with this group. Best wishes Lordje.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:52 PM   #4

Sounds like you're getting your share of bad luck lately. We've have missed you here and wondered what you were up to.

This is a good place to chat and vent, or just to just talk things over.
You post excellent photos and I like what you have to say about other posters photos as well.
You have a lot of friends here because of your kind words, so please do keep in touch and keep posting.

Me, I thought you'd gone off to the European Football Championships.......

Last edited by Scouse; Jul 2, 2012 at 7:55 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2012, 3:53 PM   #5

Wow! I get backaches but this is beyond anything in my realm of pain. You will be in my prayers, my friend. Post when/if you can.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 6:38 PM   #6

Thank you all for the reactions.
I have to take a new kind of medicine at he momenr in double dosis.
It is something that takes away the inflammations but in so far I did take them I have a feeling it doesn't do anything.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 9:07 PM   #7

Thanks for the update; good luck with the new medication. Sometimes it takes a while for medicine to start working. Keep us informed.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote