Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:19 PM   #1

Default Unsure of proper sensor cleaning kit

I have a E-620 and I am in the process of purchasing a sensor cleaning kit for it. Here's where I run into a problem. I want to make sure that I get one that has the proper size sensor cleaning swap with it. Anyone have any personal experience with what brand of kit has worked well for them with a E-620 or what size sensor swab I should be looking at? I'd like to find one that has the sensor swab as well as brushes,etc. I've tried doing a search on here but I haven't done very well with the search function.
Thanks again.
Bayoublaster400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoublaster400 View Post
I have a E-620 and I am in the process of purchasing a sensor cleaning kit for it. Here's where I run into a problem. I want to make sure that I get one that has the proper size sensor cleaning swap with it. Anyone have any personal experience with what brand of kit has worked well for them with a E-620 or what size sensor swab I should be looking at? I'd like to find one that has the sensor swab as well as brushes,etc. I've tried doing a search on here but I haven't done very well with the search function.
Thanks again.
Hi: Do you have dust on your sensor? What symptoms are you seeing? It is very rare for Olympus dslr cameras to need a manual sensor cleaning, as they have by far, the best automatic sensor cleaning system in the industry.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:14 AM   #3

I agree with Steve...

I've shot well over 20 thousand pictures with my three Olympus DSLR's, changed lenses outside all the time and have not once even had an inkling of needing to clean my sensor...you an old Canon or Nikon owner, because that is generally not an issue with Olympus!

At best you maybe could buy a rocket blower and shoo anything away, but I find that even has never been needed by me!

I once recall having a piece of dust visible in the viewfinder, I just turned the camera off then on again and it was gone!!

Jim

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

SmugMug Pics - Click Here
Personal Website - Click Here
Wigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:47 AM   #4

Ok. I'll check it and if all seems well, I won't worry about it. Thanks again.
Bayoublaster400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:46 AM   #5

I looked up your camera and read a piece on how it uses wave vibration to remove dust every time the camera is turned on/off...making the need for a cleaning kit unnecessary. So, was wondering the same thing as the others...are you getting pics with dust on them? Are they from the lens? Sensor? not a scratch on the lens, inside or outside of the lens.
And, yes, I have found a chip on the inside of a lens I didn't realize was there or how it got there...point and shoot. Luckily it was off to the edge of lens. Another camera I had the cover was easily moved back while in pocket and got scratched, or the cover itself was rubbed on it. So tiny itsy bitsy scratches can occur and only be seen when you look at the pics. Especially certain ones where the light hits it Just Right. However I digress. Just a thought.
L
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:31 PM   #6

I have an older E500 and like the rest of the oly owners I've never had a problem with dust, sand,whatever. I don't even think about it.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I have an older E500 and like the rest of the oly owners I've never had a problem with dust, sand,whatever. I don't even think about it.

Same here. My E500 has never had an issue with dust/dirt.
StretchMaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2012, 4:31 PM   #8

I agree with everyone response, during 6 years I had 6 Olympus cameras I never cleaned my sensor.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2012, 5:24 PM   #9

Hi I have E3 and E330 never needed to clean sensor, but have had small specs of dust on mirror, use a blower to remove, or dab with microfiber cloth do not rub, as this will scratch the mirror. also check if dust on the upper screen it could be on that.
hope this cures your problem as everyone says Olympus has the best dust protection system.
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote