Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:32 PM   #1

Default SmugMug Slide Show - code generator

I have been working on re-designing my website and one of the things I wanted to do was embed a few slide shows. Now SmugMug has a pretty good system to do this in the badge and show-off functions...but not quite up to what I was looking for and you don't have as much control as with the link I found HERE!

This show builder works great. It takes a little playing around to get it right, but once you do it works great! And it allows you to code in the background color and a border so you can make it match your sites colors...hex codes required.

One trick it to get your gallery number correct and the first photo code and place it in the top boxes and then check the options you want and then have it build the code and you can paste the code right in your website and bingo you have a nice slide show.

PM any questions, I would be happy to help.

Jim

Check out my new design on my website - link in my signature.

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

SmugMug Pics - Click Here
Personal Website - Click Here
Wigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:57 PM   #2

Thanks for the interesting info Jim. Also, I checked out your website. It looks really good. Some beautiful photos there.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 7:27 AM   #3

Thanks, Jim. I can foresee using that!

Ted

[Edit] PS: I didn't know there was a Smugmug Wiki, and this is the URL:

http://wiki.smugmug.net/dashboard.action

Last edited by tkurkowski; Jul 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:06 PM   #4

I spent all morning using the "collect" function and creating a new "slide show" gallery on SmugMug...I love SmugMug.

Then I used the link below to create a full screen slide show of some of my best.

It works great and the nice thing is, for the full screen you generate a link to the page and it can be set up as a menu item and does not require you create a new page. I think this is the way I am going to create my shows from now on...make a gallery of only what you want in it for a show and then create the slide show with this system.

HERE is what I created today!

Enjoy,

Jim

E-30, E-500, - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle, 50 Macro, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300, and 14-54, EC-14, EC-20, FL-36R, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Oh, and more than likely, more on the way!!!

Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:43 AM   #5

While I watched the slideshow I had two reactions:

1. What a great collection of images
2. But they're way too small to do them justice

Jim, why are you using such a small size for the images? Surely your intended audience isn't smartphone or tablet users. Anyone seriously interested in photography is very likely to have at least one large monitor - one of mine is a 27" Samsung that you can buy for just over $200 and works very well after calibration with a colorimeter.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
While I watched the slideshow I had two reactions:

1. What a great collection of images
2. But they're way too small to do them justice

Jim, why are you using such a small size for the images? Surely your intended audience isn't smartphone or tablet users. Anyone seriously interested in photography is very likely to have at least one large monitor - one of mine is a 27" Samsung that you can buy for just over $200 and works very well after calibration with a colorimeter.

Ted

Thanks Ted - I tried using the "large" image and it cut way too many off. If I make the "frame" any bigger then you have to scroll. And I don't want that. So I chose the medium and it shows the whole image on every shot, even the panoramas....it is a balancing act at best. I suppose I could create a new gallery and resize every image to the same size and then make the "window" that exact size and make the images larger.

Right now that is too much work. I will wait for a rainy day and maybe re-build the gallery.

Thanks for looking though.

I still like this show generator the best.

Jim