Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:14 AM   #1

Default Olympus E5

Hi to all.

Any one here using Olympus Zuiko E 5 and with what lenses?
Is ther any one using Zuiko 150 mm lens.
Suresh6327804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:38 PM   #2

Welcome Suresh to this forum and congrats with the fine camera you own.
I did give already an answer for you in what you did asked about what lenses I did use.

What kind of lenses do you already own at this moment if I may ask?

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:56 PM   #3

I have the E5 and use the 14-35mm f/2, 7-14mm f/4, Summilux 25mm f/1.4, Vario-Elmar Aspherical 14-150mm f/3.5-5.6, and 35-100 f/2, more or less in that order. People use different lenses depending on the kind of images they like to capture - why do you ask?

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:34 PM   #4

Hey Suresh

There's a few shooting with the E5 on the forum, but I'm not sure if any of us have the 150 F2... What we do know is that its possibly the best of the SHGs in terms of IQ, focuses fast, is small for an equiv. 300mm FF lens and is still superb with both of the EC's.

SLRgears review of the 150 F2

http://slrgear.com/reviews/showprodu...duct/39/cat/14

Lenstips review of the wee beastie..

http://www.lenstip.com/index.php?tes...wu&test_ob=188

Interesting bit from Lenstip about AF with the E3 + 150F2

"Some complains we can have to autofocus accuracy. An expensive lens combined with a top system body in good studio conditions, resulted in 11% misses. It may not be extremely much, but you could expect more from this set. "

So even in a studio environment, an 11% miss rate isnt good, which got me wondering if they had IS on for the E3 and that were due an EX body that focuses accurately and fast !

Last edited by HarjTT; Aug 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:39 PM   #5

Hi Friends,

Thank you for the reply and nice to know all of you.
I"m having Zuiko E5 camera, 50mm F 2.0 macro lens and 12-60mm F 2.8-4.0 swd lens. Before this I was having Nikon D7000. For Long time I was wondering in my place why not many of them using Olympus camera. So, I decided to buy this olympus camera and I really like it for the fast auto focus.
I'm in Malaysia, I did not see olympus forum, so came into this forum to talk about this camera and lenses. I can see many here who own olympus DSLR and I'm here to talk to you all and have some ideas of some lenses and some photographt tips.

Thanks,
Suresh
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh6327804 View Post
Hi Friends,

Thank you for the reply and nice to know all of you.
I"m having Zuiko E5 camera, 50mm F 2.0 macro lens and 12-60mm F 2.8-4.0 swd lens. Before this I was having Nikon D7000. For Long time I was wondering in my place why not many of them using Olympus camera. So, I decided to buy this olympus camera and I really like it for the fast auto focus.
I'm in Malaysia, I did not see olympus forum, so came into this forum to talk about this camera and lenses. I can see many here who own olympus DSLR and I'm here to talk to you all and have some ideas of some lenses and some photographt tips.

Thanks,
Suresh
Suresh, you are very welcome here. I have another suggestion for you. There is a very good photographer who maintains a good blog, uses Olympus gear, and lives in Malaysia. His name is Robin Wong and this is his web site: http://robinwong.blogspot.com/
and he lives in Kuala Lumpur. He seems very friendly and you might want to get in touch with him.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:09 AM   #7

Hi Ted,
Thanks, I saw the web site with many informations.
Suresh