Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:17 PM   #11

Haven't been to Duxford for a year or ten! Perhaps even longer. I was suitably immpressed though.
They had an old Beverly parked outside, one I used to jump out of in the old para days. Scary bloody drop from the tail section, trying to drop through a hole in the floor while the plane is swaying around. Wearing all my parachute gear and a drop bag weighing more than me. If you didn't step far enough into the center of the hole you parachute would catch the back edge and you'd pitch forward and catch the front of the hole with your head, stepped too far and you'd hit it anyway.

Ah, the good old day and happy memories.

http://www.beverley-association.org....l/259/boom.htm

3rd and 4th photo of the dreaded hole!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Haven't been to Duxford for a year or ten! Perhaps even longer. I was suitably immpressed though.
They had an old Beverly parked outside, one I used to jump out of in the old para days. Scary bloody drop from the tail section, trying to drop through a hole in the floor while the plane is swaying around. Wearing all my parachute gear and a drop bag weighing more than me. If you didn't step far enough into the center of the hole you parachute would catch the back edge and you'd pitch forward and catch the front of the hole with your head, stepped too far and you'd hit it anyway.

Ah, the good old day and happy memories.

http://www.beverley-association.org....l/259/boom.htm

3rd and 4th photo of the dreaded hole!
Thanks for the link, Ken. Interesting read. The aircraft shape kinda reminds me of the USA's old "Flying Boxcar" design. You are a braver man then I, to jump out of a perfectly fine aircraft. LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Thanks for the link, Ken. Interesting read. The aircraft shape kinda reminds me of the USA's old "Flying Boxcar" design. You are a braver man then I, to jump out of a perfectly fine aircraft. LOL
The old twin boom C119 boxcar. I even made a jump out of one of those for an air show. Fun.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:09 PM   #14

Very nice series Ken, must have been fun with the air show.
For me I only can watch such an event laying down in the grass, but I never go see such events so no problem for that

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:37 PM   #15

Thanks Lordje. I watched the Belgian GP from Spa-Francorchamps on Sunday morning. Wish I could have been there with my camera..

Exciting start, lucky nobody got hurt and to top it off my man Jensen Button won it going away.