Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:36 AM   #1

Default E7 pic leaked....

Or.. may be not ..

(Pic of the wee Leica from DPR)
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:16 AM   #2

With that lens, the price of a used but good automobile.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:48 AM   #3

....well,,,, I do have and use a VF that looks identical to that $700 addon, except mine says Olympus and fits to my E-P3.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:44 AM   #4

LOL! I have used Leica gear and I must say I do like it. But the prices...

If you look at the comments in the DPR announcement, one guy said "Jack up the price of any camera high enough, and it will have the same feeling". That reminds me of the folks who assemble an audio system for vinyl records with a state-of-the-art turntable, tonearm, cartridge, tube pre-amp, tube amp, speakers efficient enough to be driven by the very low power tube amps are only capable of producing, exotic connecting cables and power conditioners, and anti-reflection wall coverings. They say they can really hear a difference. And I say, if I spent $80K I'd damn well hear a difference too.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:29 AM   #5

Someone's having fun with Photoshop these days.

I know that re-branded EVF, which costs Olympus users $249 as the VF-2, costs Leica X2 users $525 re-branded as a "Leica"..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...Top+Nav-Search=

I could only imagine what the rest of that would cost.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:04 PM   #6

Leica also just released a couple of rebranded Lumix cameras, a superzoom that is clearly the FZ200 and a pair of fixed lens compacts that have slightly different bodies but pretty much are the same as Panasonic Lumix models.

But the cake has to be the Sony Nex 7 re-bodied as a Hassalblad!

Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post

I could only imagine what the rest of that would cost.
Well, Greg, the expected price of that CMOS Leica M is $7,000. I didn't know the Vario-Elmarit 70-180 is available new - maybe they're producing more now. Used on EBay they're some $6,000 and are manual focus - dunno if they're splashproof. (Leica has not made many zoom lenses.) So $525 for that viewfinder isn't so bad after all, right?

PS: My SHG glass is looking downright cheap...

Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:37 PM   #8

Quote:
So $525 for that viewfinder isn't so bad after all, right?
There are some Lieca users (DPR tells me so) who are using the Panasonic and Olympus labeled EVFs and at 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the Leica label they can carry that spare which will come in handy as soon as they loose the one on the camera.

I now have mine tethered to the P3 with a rubber-band, DAMN, I hate that but the VF-2 has come off the camera twice now, so the rubber band fix is on until I figure out something else. Oh, and the itty-bitty tick that snaps into the molded 'hole' is now gone from mine also so the thing flips up & down on its own.

I must use the VF-2 because it is what it is plus I paid $279 for mine, same as Greg I believe.

So now that my VF-2 has a broken body and is held in place on the P3 with a rubber band I recon I need go back to Arlington Camera for that black EM-5. Last week cost me $500 in there (bag, CF tripod & Vanguard head).

I like the looks of that H-brand camera too but will need a job that pays to get that.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
So now that my VF-2 has a broken body and is held in place on the P3 with a rubber band I recon I need go back to Arlington Camera for that black EM-5. Last week cost me $500 in there (bag, CF tripod & Vanguard head).
Well the EM-5 certainly makes more sense to me - I would use the EVF almost all of the time so I'd rather have it built-in.

Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Well the EM-5 certainly makes more sense to me - I would use the EVF almost all of the time so I'd rather have it built-in.
Me too .. I;d loose the externalkl VFs so theres no chance Id get a cam without an internal VF..

That Leica does look pretty .. costly with that Elmarit.. I wonder what the hood looks like and whether they charge for it ?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote