Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:53 AM   #31

For straight out of the camera the pictures look beautiful. You also are a bad influence.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:34 AM   #32

Those are super shots Marcelo. I'm very impressed at the detailed retained in the dark areas while still maintaining excellent detail in the lighted areas.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:29 PM   #33

Hey Marcelo

Hope the flight on the way here was good .. Friday was just terrible with the rain. Its going to get cold for the next few days but I'm hoping we get some sun so you can get out and about and see some sites. That's a pretty cool angle of the Shard... not sure how much the London Eye is to get a view of the city from on up but I cant see it being as steep as the 25 theyre charging for the Shard!

Looking forward to seeing some more pics... For better internet speeds you might want to pop into Cafe Nero/Starbucks and co ...

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:52 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
For straight out of the camera the pictures look beautiful. You also are a bad influence.
LOL... the OMD is a great camera and I'm glad I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Those are super shots Marcelo. I'm very impressed at the detailed retained in the dark areas while still maintaining excellent detail in the lighted areas.
Thank you Steven,

I knew the camera is a winner according with different reviews but it exceed my expectations, The DR is amazing, I didn't have chance to play with the RAW's yet because my laptop don't have any RAW processor, but what I notice from the JPGE's is very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Marcelo

Hope the flight on the way here was good .. Friday was just terrible with the rain. Its going to get cold for the next few days but I'm hoping we get some sun so you can get out and about and see some sites. That's a pretty cool angle of the Shard... not sure how much the London Eye is to get a view of the city from on up but I cant see it being as steep as the 25 theyre charging for the Shard!

Looking forward to seeing some more pics... For better internet speeds you might want to pop into Cafe Nero/Starbucks and co ...

Cheers

Hi Harj,

Harj
The fly was fine thank you for asking, after I arrived from the airport I went outside to take some pictures and that moment the rain started, it was nice to walk the entire day with the OMD, I finished the day totally wet but is was worth it.

Some pictures from that day:

I happy with what I captured with the camera, London is a fascinating city.

MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:07 PM   #35

Wow, those shots are excellent, Marcelo. I can see that you really were in very wet conditions, but it sure didn't stop you from taking super photos.

I really was impressed with all of them, especially the first shot of the train, and then as I scrolled down they were all just super. And the night shots were just off the charts!! And to think you are not even used to using the camera yet!!! I think you did a wise move to by the OMD EM-5. The results speak for themselves.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:23 AM   #36

Those are super shots Marcelo. It seems like its always raining there.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:11 AM   #37

Just echoing the other comments Marcelo. They are all excellent! If I have a fav it's the one of Trafalgar Square with the clock tower in the misty background.

Actually James they get a less rain than Seattle and other cities in the States and doesn't get the cold and snowfall like your state. What do they say about MI: Nine months of winter and 3 months of bad weather?
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:19 AM   #38

Not quite that bad Scouse. It rarely snows before December and the worst months are usually January and February. The last couple of winters were not that bad. Summers can be iffy and there are not too many days with a clear blue sky but I'm more concerned with the temperature rather than whether the sun shines or not. July is generally when we'll get a few hot and humid days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Just echoing the other comments Marcelo. They are all excellent! If I have a fav it's the one of Trafalgar Square with the clock tower in the misty background.

Actually James they get a less rain than Seattle and other cities in the States and doesn't get the cold and snowfall like your state. What do they say about MI: Nine months of winter and 3 months of bad weather?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 1:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

LOL, Oh no, not that old saying that Seattle gets less "rain".. yada, yada yada. That is true in inches of rain, as what Settle gets is 12 months of drizzle and damp weather. In all my business trips to Seattle, I think I saw the sun one time. Only city I ever traveled to that had moss growing on the downtown buildings! LOL. I have never been to London, but it sounds similiar to Seattle. We get more inches of rain, but we get a couple of hours of rain, and then the sun comes out for the rest of the day.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:16 PM   #40

HeY Marcelo

You've captured the mood spot on - wet, damp, overcast and miserable !! Hopefully, you were able to get out in the sun today and get out to shoot and hopefully get to see something other than brollies and the rain. Now from my own personal point of view I think weather wise were pretty close to the PCNW but spring never starts early here and its not as pretty landscape or feature wise either. Actually I think NY state's pretty picturesque esp when you drive up towards Toronto.

Did you get any hassle taking that first pic of the train ? its a pretty good shot and the composition is just fine.. I ask because the last time I had a camera anywhere near a train and inside a station I got stopped by armed police politely asking me not to take any snaps inside the station... I mean I must have been the first ever photographer in Liverpool St station since they built the place ...!

Glad you got to see the British Museum .. make sure you get see the Natural History and V&A, both are pretty cool although the BM is my favorite.

Fingers crossed it doesn't rain, snow or a combination of all of them while your still here ... and don't miss out on the UK's favorite pass times...."Queuing up"

PS

Have you noticed all of the CCTV cameras in the city (they even have cameras watching the cameras).. !

Last edited by HarjTT; Mar 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote