Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:25 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Wow, those shots are excellent, Marcelo. I can see that you really were in very wet conditions, but it sure didn't stop you from taking super photos.

I really was impressed with all of them, especially the first shot of the train, and then as I scrolled down they were all just super. And the night shots were just off the charts!! And to think you are not even used to using the camera yet!!! I think you did a wise move to by the OMD EM-5. The results speak for themselves.
Thank you Steven, I like also the night shots, the controls of the OMD are so intuitive that I didn't have any problem adapting to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Those are super shots Marcelo. It seems like its always raining there.
Thank you James, the cloudy sky and some rain it is the distinction of this city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Just echoing the other comments Marcelo. They are all excellent! If I have a fav it's the one of Trafalgar Square with the clock tower in the misty background.

Actually James they get a less rain than Seattle and other cities in the States and doesn't get the cold and snowfall like your state. What do they say about MI: Nine months of winter and 3 months of bad weather?
Thank you Ken, I agreed with you that it is nice the POV of that picture in Trafalgar Sq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
HeY Marcelo

You've captured the mood spot on - wet, damp, overcast and miserable !! Hopefully, you were able to get out in the sun today and get out to shoot and hopefully get to see something other than brollies and the rain. Now from my own personal point of view I think weather wise were pretty close to the PCNW but spring never starts early here and its not as pretty landscape or feature wise either. Actually I think NY state's pretty picturesque esp when you drive up towards Toronto.

Did you get any hassle taking that first pic of the train ? its a pretty good shot and the composition is just fine.. I ask because the last time I had a camera anywhere near a train and inside a station I got stopped by armed police politely asking me not to take any snaps inside the station... I mean I must have been the first ever photographer in Liverpool St station since they built the place ...!

Glad you got to see the British Museum .. make sure you get see the Natural History and V&A, both are pretty cool although the BM is my favorite.

Fingers crossed it doesn't rain, snow or a combination of all of them while your still here ... and don't miss out on the UK's favorite pass times...."Queuing up"

PS

Have you noticed all of the CCTV cameras in the city (they even have cameras watching the cameras).. !
Hi Harj,

Thank you for the nice comments, I din't have any problems using my camera with Police or security personal, provably because the OMD is so small and don't call the attention?

I noticed the CCTV everywhere but I noticed also there is not too much Policeman's on the streets.

Yesterday afternoon arrived to Paris and I had the chance to visit Notre Dame, there was a celebration for the new Pope and I captured interesting scenes:

Thank you for looking everyone, I hope you are enjoying the tour.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:18 AM   #42

More great shots Marcelo. Keep them coming.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:22 AM   #43

Great shots! Can you imagine what it would cost to duplicate that structure in todays money.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:56 PM   #44

Thank you Steven and James for the comments.

Today was the colder of the entire trip, I went in the morning to visit the grave of Jim Morrison at the Paris Cemetery, the Arch of Triumph and the Eiffel Tower.

It is already 1:00 AM of Friday and I'm tired, it was a long day, some picture from today:

Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:06 PM   #45

More very impressive shots, Marcelo. All are good, and the eveing shots continue to be fantastic. Looking forward to more!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:15 AM   #46

More from Paris,

I found a cinema showing "Sugar Man" if you don't know about it you should read his story and listen his great music (Sixto Rodriguez), Glad to see his story is spreading.

Enjoy your weekend.

Marcelo
Old Mar 16, 2013, 7:16 AM   #47

Hey Marcelo

Some cracking pics of Paris...Its a fab looking city and even more flatter than London. I've only been there once in the last 10 or so years, and from the looks of it nothings changed.

Now how do you think the high iso files from that Sony sensor in the OMD compare to your Nikon ? The night time shots look fab and make me realise that I need to get out more during the evenings and take some pics.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:19 AM   #48

Thank you Harj,

Paris is a beautiful city and very photogenic.

I'm enjoying the OMD, it is a great camera and very impressed of the clean pictures at high ISO's.

I don't think I should compare it with the Nikon because are two different systems but for traveling the OMD is a better option because the portability and weather sealing.

I didn't have chance to play with the RAW files but the JPGE's looks fantastic, the auto WB is very accurate and it makes easier your life because it saves time and work.

I always want to have a cameras with me and now it will be possible with the OMD, I love the body construction, weather sealed and the IQ is just amazing.

I'm still in Paris and I want to share some pictures of the Versailles Palace, it is a fantastic place:

Have a great day.

Marcelo
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:22 AM   #49

Paris is a definitely prettier than London and the lack of sky scrapers I think adds to it. That second shot of the boats a cracker and the first isn't too bad either!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:22 AM   #50

Great shots. What is the name of the battleship in the background?