Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 6, 2013, 7:03 PM   #1

Default Some 90-250mm F2.8 pics

I stumbled across this link for random pics taken with the 90-250F2.8, with or without the TC's:

http://www.flickriver.com/lenses/olympus/90250mm/

Now some of those pics are pretty stunning, esp some of the aircraft shots and wildlife, many seem to be from a few years back so I'm wondering if those are still shooting Oly ?

The other thing that got me was the size of the beastie.. its not as big as I thought it would be but I know it weighs something like 3.5lbs so its not light!

PS.

Just checked with of the main togs in that list and he's moved onto a D800 and OMD-E:

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/brb...r-interesting/

Last edited by HarjTT; May 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2013, 7:15 AM   #2

Those are stunning for sure. When you pay 6 large for a lens the pix ought to be stunning, and he does know how to use that lens.

I've never seen a photo of the P-51 XR twin prop racing Mustang before. Over 3000 hp but I don't see anywhere that its top speed is listed.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 9:17 AM   #3

I won't have to worry about lugging that beasty around, not at that price. The pics are just great and I can see why that lens costs $$$$$$$. I also didn't realize there were that many flyable P-38 Lightings around.
Old May 7, 2013, 3:26 PM   #4

Indeed some stunning pictures but that lens is far away from my budget. I wonder if he does use this lens on his om-d.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 3:26 PM   #5

I've been pretty surprised at how good a lot of those pics are and many of them were taken with the E3.

The price of the 90-250 and the 300F2.8 is a bit hair raising and then the thought of lugging a 3.5lb lens about just puts me off. The price and the weight of both has been one of the reason's why a lot of people were wanting a more affordable 300F4 or 400F5.6 prime lens. The 50-200 does a pretty fine job esp at its price range and is the nearest equiv. to the 90-250 and at a fraction of the weight.

Pascal, I think it would look totally silly on an OMD. I saw a pic of the 150F2 on the EM-5 and it looked ridiculous.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote