Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 23, 2013, 8:43 AM   #1

Default My Set On E-3??

Supposedly there are two My Sets on the E-3 where you can store your favorite settings and after looking through the manual (ha ha, manual), I just don't see any info on how to do this. I see the customize but that's only limited to a few things and I don't see how to store that either. I hate camera manuals.
Old May 23, 2013, 10:12 PM   #2

Hi James: I was lucky in that the previous owner of my E-3 already had the My Mode 1 and My mode 2 already set. So I kinda skipped over learning those two settings. While the instructions are on page 93 of the instruction manual, it is probably easier to understand the Wrotniak explanation in his technical article.
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/e3-sett.html#CUSR

If you still have any specific questions I'm sure Ted, Harj, or myself could probably figure it out.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 11:28 AM   #3

Hi James

Well I was gonna say you might want to check with Bob, Steve and Ted as I think I only had a look at those settings when I first bought the cam and I think I had one of them set for a cutom WB but I've never looked at them again.

The only changes that I made to the setup on mine was to reverse the shutter and aperture dials, so shutter on the grip and aperture on the back, set it to manual and RAW+jpeg and thats it.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 4:18 PM   #4

Thanks guys, been busy lately but I'll check out the link. I'm not so sure I'll use it but I may find a need for it and it would be nice to know how to do this without having to read between lines.
Old May 26, 2013, 7:13 AM   #5

As many of you know, I do a lot of event photography - indoors available light. I also shoot landscapes. So I find the My Modes really valuable. One is high-ISO, aperture priority with wide open aperture, indoor light balance. The other is low-ISO, auto white balance, shutter priority.

All of this is valuable because as time goes on I suffer more and more from the CRS syndrome. (Can't Remember Sh*t)

Note: to get the aperture to always be wide open, set the Mode aperture priority with your fastest lens attached and wide open. Then every other lens you attach will try to get there, in that Mode. Yes, lenses can be trained, although I don't know if the slower ones get discouraged constantly trying to meet what's expected of them.

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 8:42 AM   #6

I certainly can relate to the CRS syndrome and there is no cure for it.