Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1

Default Need Harj to do this in London...!

Here you go mate. set 24 hours aside and try this. We'd all like to see the result.

Then spend 24 hours at the computer getting them organized..

http://petapixel.com/2013/06/02/shoo...ours-straight/
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:53 PM   #2

Hey Ken

Now thats a fab idea.. I'll have to sort something out. It'll have to be in a few weeks from now.. I'm still not physically fit to do a 24hour shooting stint and I'll need to work out where and what to shoot but I'm gonna pencil something in!!

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Ken

Now thats a fab idea.. I'll have to sort something out. It'll have to be in a few weeks from now.. I'm still not physically fit to do a 24hour shooting stint and I'll need to work out where and what to shoot but I'm gonna pencil something in!!

Excellent mate.... Looking forwards to it. You don't have a blog or a site we could send it to do you..?
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:51 AM   #4

That would be neat, capturing the moment. I can't imagine doing night shots in Detroit though, probably come home without your camera gear.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:01 PM   #5

James.. its the same here in London and I don't trust anyone having grown up in these parts. A cheap small cam would be ideal.. if it goes missing or gets stolen its no loss.

I've been thinking that I may do a 12 hour stint first and see how we get on .. not sur ei can hang out for 24 hours without a shower inbetween !
Old Jun 5, 2013, 3:08 PM   #6

That is an interesting idea, but I could understand doing a 12 hour stint instead of 24. I would have a hard time even doing 12 hours. And Harj, you may be on to something about having a small cheap camera in some locations. You could use the E-3 for 6 hours in daylight safe locations, and borrow a small XZ-1 to use for the rest of it.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:36 PM   #7

Hi Steve

I think 12 hours is doable...start early .. say 7am and then carry on through the day and have plently of $$$$ for tea breaks and chilling out!

If its an all night job .. then a small camera body that's descrete is going to be the best option. Personally when i see people walking around with their camera's and canikonsonypentaoly straps, all i see is potential victim. I think in the cities financial and west end you'd be ok but in my neck of the woods your asking for trouble.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 7:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
That is an interesting idea, but I could understand doing a 12 hour stint instead of 24. I would have a hard time even doing 12 hours.
That's what happens when Florida residents get acclimatized to a laid back lifestyle. You need to buck up and get some endurance!
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
That's what happens when Florida residents get acclimatized to a laid back lifestyle. You need to buck up and get some endurance!
WHOA! NO, NO, Ted. That sounds too much like WORK!!!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
that's what happens when florida residents get acclimatized to a laid back lifestyle. You need to buck up and get some endurance! :d:d
Nearly fell off my chair .. !!