Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 10, 2013, 9:29 AM   #11

....thanks Ken, old mechanics and old MC racers are pretty much in a similar league, we just do things with no explanations needed.

Ted, remember about 'bumblebees' .... they ain't supposed be able to fly, but they some how get it done. Thanks for looking and the comment.

Was a fun day, the kiddos and the chapter members all had a great time of it, so did the photographers.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jun 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:00 AM   #12

Didn't the Osprey have a lot of teething problems? I thought a one time they were going to dump it. I could have the wrong plane here though. But my thought is making a smaller private version would be a risk.
Good idea as it is for the likes of Alaska and other areas with primitive, limited fields. The Short Skyvan fitted this idea. STOL with carrying capacity. One place I worked converted bare interior planes into excec palaces. We worked on Hefner's DC9, an arab sheik's 727 and a Short Skyvan for some oil company boss in Alaska.

Once I got a free ride to Rome in a DC8 we'd worked on, coming back meant coming from Ireland in a bare Skyvan to the east coast. Long slow uncomfortable ride....but free....

Last edited by Scouse; Jun 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:14 AM   #13

Ken, the Osprey did have some difficult times and it was doubtful to be military accepted but was all worked out. Wikipedia pretty well tells the story here http://tinyurl.com/qexadkd

It doesn't seem to be 30-yrs since the V-22 program started, some things take a while.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:49 PM   #14

Finally saw an Osprey last year flying at Farnborough. Makes a fair bit of noise but an interesting concept. I remember them in the first Half Life game in 1998
wilsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:05 AM   #15

Great shots Bob and with a great lens. Waiting for my ship to come in. The fuselage in the last photo looks like a takeoff of the C130 Hercules.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:23 PM   #16

VERY nice shots Bob
Good job with the 50-200
FredS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:48 PM   #17

Very nice pictures Bob, thank you for sharing them.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote