Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 9, 2013, 3:51 PM   #1

Default If we ever get to see an E-7

I'd like it to be:

* Smaller and lighter than the E1/E3/E5/E30 but slightly bigger than say the Penatx K5.

Drop the weight back down to the E1's 660gr.

* A more powerful battery - so you don't have to use the BG with the bigger glass if your shooting action.

* VF - Bigger than the E3/5's even if its just a wee bit.

* AF - accurate and reliable AF for both SAF/CAF I think the SHG's would need to AF updates as well.. don;t think FA motors are fast enough in the 35-100f2 at least for action shots.

* LCD - Make it really high res so higher than what the E5 uses.

* Memory Buffer - increase the memory buffer - ram's cheap.

* Dual CF or CF+SD cards with the ability to write to both simultaneously

* Sensor - 16 -18MP Sony sensor aka the one in OMD but improved.

* Silent shutter like the E1

* priced so it sells..

It ain't going to happen .. but you never know..
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2013, 5:37 PM   #2

Based on what I've been gathering coming out of Japan, I tend to think we are going to see something smaller than the E-5, but larger than the OMD, and with a Sony sensor that incorporates phase detect in the sensor surface. Fully utilizing the 4/3 lens lineup, but also able to use m4/3 lens. We should probably know before year end.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:45 PM   #3

I wouldn't be too bothered if it was the same size as the E3, although if they managed to shave a few mm all over and dropped the weight to the E1's then that would be pretty appealing indeed.

I'm just wondering how accurate would the AF be even with phase detect being on sensor and also how much effort Oly would have put into getting FT glass to work with it reliability esp in CAF is going to be something else.

My own feeling is .. if there's no news by mid Sept, then its not going to happen and all we'll see is more M43 cam's and a Pro OMD with another FT adapter.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 8:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
I wouldn't be too bothered if it was the same size as the E3, although if they managed to shave a few mm all over and dropped the weight to the E1's then that would be pretty appealing indeed.

I'm just wondering how accurate would the AF be even with phase detect being on sensor and also how much effort Oly would have put into getting FT glass to work with it reliability esp in CAF is going to be something else.

My own feeling is .. if there's no news by mid Sept, then its not going to happen and all we'll see is more M43 cam's and a Pro OMD with another FT adapter.
Yes, good points, we will wait and see. But there have been several different sources that independently claim that an adapter will not be required, so we will see. And it definitely appears that it will be a Sony developed sensor per several different sources. Now, how much of these rumors will be correct, no one know at this point. But it seems that at least some of them may be on the money.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote