Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:32 PM   #1

Default Laon

A few weeks ago I was in France for a long weekend with family and here are some pictures from a city called Laon.
This city is bizarre since it is placed up on a hill and you can see it from far.

First picture is from the city entree port. Made with the 50-200 in 4 shots.
Weird choice maybe but I had no other option since my wife was wearing my photobag and she was not around at this moment.

Next is the cathedral, now here I did some mistakes.
A part is made with the 9-18 lens and for panorama shot, ..., not that ideal.
After stitching together some pics are like bananas.
But still wanted to share them.

Inside the cathedral:

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:39 PM   #2

Still some more pictures.

From inside, not completely sharp but still worth looking:

Outside there where some classic sports cars, made one picture from a MG, but with the 9-18 instead of the 14-54.

And at last a picture from the top looking to the lower city.
Made with the 9-18 and exists out of 10 pictures.

Last edited by Lordje; Jun 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:14 PM   #3

Hi Lordje: Thanks for posting these. What an interesting looking city. I like your shots, you have provided an interesting travelogue of a place that I was totally unfamiliar with. You captured some very interesting architecture, especially with your Cathedral shots. I really liked the composition that you chose for the old MG car shot, and the panorama shot is also a winner.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 9:39 AM   #4

Hey Pascal

Nice set of shots.. and when I saw the MG .. I thought thats a pretty stylish way to tour the area !!

I'd like to get the 9-18 it looks like a pretty damn handy lens with its range and the IQ looks pretty good to me.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:07 AM   #5

Really nice set of travel shots. I like the inside of the church shots. If that's your 9-18 it does a nice job.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:27 AM   #6

Lordje..... what a good set of images.

I really like that you used the 50-200 and the 9-18, both lenses made impressive photos and both are among my favorite lenses which I use quite a lot.

I've not done 'stitch' images yet, I suppose there is a knack to it and banana-stitch must not be the end result one looks for but fun is fun and I think you did well at it.

Thanks for sharing your vacation.

Bob

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 8:35 AM   #7

I second what folks said above. These were a lot of fun to see - thanks for posting them!

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:28 AM   #8

I am always amazed by pictures like these and visualize what a job it must have been back in those days to build something like this and so perfect looking. I also think what it must cost to build something like this in this day and age. You did a very nice job capturing these scenes.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Thank you eveyone for the nice comments!

@ Steven: for the car it was the only way to get a good picture of it.

@ Hartj: the 9-18 is a nice lens to run around with, light and good results. But inside the church there are a bunch pictures made with the 14-54 II, what was a better performer. In fact I had better used the 30mm Sigma in the church for some scenarios, but my wife wasn´t always around.

@ Bob: the 9-18 lens is also now one of my favorite lenses, but sometimes I will have to keep in mind that the distortion is a problem. Also here in 95% of the cases the 50-200 is mounted, but the 14-54 is starting to get more in use also.

@ James : yes, indeed, impressive buildings. Also a kind of building they do not make anymore. And knowing they had not the materials and machines like these days makes it more amazing that made something so beautiful and solid.

In some days I will post some more pictures from Reims.