Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr-40/)
-   -   Bodiam Castle (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-dslr/206875-bodiam-castle.html)

Scouse Jun 25, 2013 8:12 PM

Bodiam Castle

5 Attachment(s)
Had a little time this afternoon and was looking at some old trip shots. Found these of Bodiam Castle but they were all shot around noonish on a bright day, washed out and uninteresting.

I tried to bring them back to life adding a little mood to the shots.

Did it work...????

Scouse Jun 25, 2013 8:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more for your perusal. Made for a nice day out, nice café on the grounds and "The Castle Pub" right outside the gate...of course..:)

Bodiam Castle
Bodiam, Robertsbridge, East Sussex

I didn't want to go in competition with the postcard guy there.

tkurkowski Jun 26, 2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scouse (Post 1350701)
Had a little time this afternoon and was looking at some old trip shots. Found these of Bodiam Castle but they were all shot around noonish on a bright day, washed out and uninteresting.

I tried to bring them back to life adding a little mood to the shots.

Did it work...????

The last two work extremely well!

Lordje Jun 26, 2013 11:01 AM

Some very nice experiments Ken!
They are a few that springing out, overall I like them all.

Are these HDR experiments?

Steven R Jun 26, 2013 11:52 AM

I like #3, 4, and 5 the best. Interesting looking place to visit.

Scouse Jun 26, 2013 6:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the comments guys. I know they're not great in the classic photo sense. Just a little added interest.
Yes Steven, great day out for families. Boys and girls can let the imagination and their bodies run riot around there with few restrictions. There's plenty of places to climb the wall or ruins or just hide inside.
Or just lock them in the stocks.!

With a bit of luck they'll never be found again. It's just not Disneyland..:)

tkurkowski Jun 27, 2013 7:00 AM

I don't understand why no one has spray painted their names on the walls. That just happened to a brick wall of our office building, which is in the middle of an office park.

James Emory Jun 27, 2013 4:24 PM

I like shots like these, I always wonder when I look at them what went on when the place was being lived in. If we could only view the past.

HarjTT Jun 27, 2013 5:05 PM

HEy Ken

I'm going to have to take a look at Bodiam Castle.. I'm glad you posted these pics !

Cheers

HArj

tkurkowski Jun 27, 2013 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory (Post 1350856)
I like shots like these, I always wonder when I look at them what went on when the place was being lived in. If we could only view the past.

Um, you're kidding, right? Unless you were the Lord in charge, you really didn't want to know what went on in the Middle Age castles or manor homes.

Life is better now. Trust me on this - those "romantic" old times weren't very romantic unless you were wealthy. And if you were, rivalries and avarice tended to shorten your life expectancy anyway.

Ted