Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:08 AM   #11

Riley: those are super pics!! Looks like the E-5 can certainly produce when used by a capable photographer.

By the way, where are you located Riley??
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:19 AM   #12

well thanks!

oh its a very good camera for real estate
has a lot of detail, good colour (though IMO E3 colour is a little better) great optics
just a bit noisy in the shadows

Im rurally located in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:14 PM   #13

And I do remember how good they are. You didn't mention which lens you used...11-22? Really excellent architectural shots. Straight lines with no barreling or distortion.

That 3 shot merge works well, especially for the outdoor/indoor shots and getting into the shadows. Does the E5 merge them in the camera or in a program from adobe?

We need to sell a few more 900K places, I need to upgrade the E500 and kit lenses.....Ken's lament and Steve's chance to poke the E3/30 at me...

Really, you ausie baaarstid. Those photos of yours are just excellent.

Last edited by Scouse; Aug 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
And I do remember how good they are. You didn't mention which lens you used...11-22? Really excellent architectural shots. Straight lines with no barreling or distortion.
its a 7-14. this lens is absolutely necessary for bathrooms. At 7mm it isnt hard to get the slight barrel distortion out which I always do, as well as perspective distortion (straighten the verticals). If you shoot this lens at 8mm there isnt much distortion to see, important for video because I cant remove it, and my favourite trick is to roll through doorways into rooms meaning the edges of the door frame are within centimetres (inches) of the lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse
That 3 shot merge works well, especially for the outdoor/indoor shots and getting into the shadows. Does the E5 merge them in the camera or in a program from adobe?
I use Oloneo, you cant do this incamera, which probably wouldnt work out anyways
http://www.oloneo.com/
it makes a really rich tonal job of skies,
and helps see into shadows a lot easier. Also helps hold windows in interiors, they dont look so blown out

Im hoping that the next camera also has ISO bracket just like E3/5/EM5.
The noise will be much kinder, and DR better anyway
Im excited about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse
We need to sell a few more 900K places, I need to upgrade the E500 and kit lenses.....Ken's lament and Steve's chance to poke the E3/30 at me...

Really, you ausie baaarstid. Those photos of yours are just excellent.
hehe, thanks

Last edited by Rriley; Aug 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:56 PM   #15

I wonder how much they would charge me to rent a room.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:58 PM   #16

Translation request:

5D -
GH2 -
FT/m43 -
Old Aug 1, 2013, 8:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriley View Post

I use Oloneo, you cant do this incamera, which probably wouldnt work out anyways
http://www.oloneo.com/
it makes a really rich tonal job of skies,
and helps see into shadows a lot easier. Also helps hold windows in interiors, they dont look so blown out
I asked about this because my buddy's D600 has an in camera 2 photo merge.

Handy in some cases but why just 2 I ask?

Just had a quick look at Ononeo. $59 for the home edition. I've tried a lot of the free ones but they all turn out really muddy looking, then you have to work at setting them right. Might just have to do it.

7-14 hmmm that's pretty wide. Looks like you get your use out of it. With good results.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmcgriff View Post
Translation request:

5D -
GH2 -
FT/m43 -

5D - Canon 5D
GH2 - Panasonic GH2
FT - Four Thirds
m43 - micro four thirds
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I asked about this because my buddy's D600 has an in camera 2 photo merge.

Handy in some cases but why just 2 I ask?

Just had a quick look at Ononeo. $59 for the home edition. I've tried a lot of the free ones but they all turn out really muddy looking, then you have to work at setting them right. Might just have to do it.

7-14 hmmm that's pretty wide. Looks like you get your use out of it. With good results.
dependence on jpegs doesnt work out so well with other marques

you can trial Oloneo
http://www.oloneo.com/en/page/download.html

7mm is very wide, and to be honest I probably overuse it a bit. But there are times when you need it, like those 5ft x 6ft bathrooms,

very tight frontages.You just 'have' to show some aspects but the proximities can be really tight leaving you with 10ft or so or be over a cliff

or too pull off some effect in a very confined space that just helps people understand the arrangement of rooms they are looking at

IMO you just have to have solutions to these problems, how you use them is pretty much up to you

Last edited by Rriley; Aug 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:51 AM   #20

Great photos, guys!

Ken, really good. But a half a mil wouldn't buy you a single family detached around here, even with a crappy view. Just a townhouse where you have to go up and down stairs just to change your mind.

RRiley, once again I love seeing your photography. You get the balance of indoor and outdoor-through-the-window exposure better than anything I've seen. And I really enjoy seeing the exterior and interior design from Down Under. It's elegant (at least for your clientele) and refreshingly different than what we do in the US.

Steven, great that you're doing real estate photography. Raising the bar from Uncle Joe's P&S will help all photographers.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Aug 2, 2013 at 9:54 AM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote