Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:05 AM   #1

Default Real estate pics.

That's all I seem to be doing lately. In fact there's only Steven keeping the Oly board going.
So I'd Better help him here.

These are a couple of shots and a Pano of I house we've just listed. These are fillers for the flyers just to enhance the sale.

Standing just outside the back door when I took these.

Oh and if you're thinking of moving up here a cool half mil will get you this view and a house.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:08 AM   #2

Couple of roses in the yard there, I'll use them as fillers in the photo folder I set out for people.

Wow didn't mean to make them that big...Oh well!
Attached Images

Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:34 PM   #3

Where is the property? I should have the $$$ real soon, 'cuz I just bought a Lotto ticket and ......
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:00 PM   #4

Beautiful shots Ken; both the panos and flowers are superb compositions and beautiful colors.

P.S -As an FYI, I have started making a few bucks with my camera from, (believe it or not), real estate house shots. I've been building up a little side business taking the exterior and interior photos of houses for real estate agents for their MLS listings. It all started because one of my neighbors is a RE agent, and was complaining that he was not satisfied with his photos of the homes he was listing.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 2:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Where is the property? I should have the $$$ real soon, 'cuz I just bought a Lotto ticket and ......
Just let me know sean.....
I was going to live in Vegas at one time. Planning to learn black jack and live on the proceeds....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Beautiful shots Ken; both the panos and flowers are superb compositions and beautiful colors.

P.S -As an FYI, I have started making a few bucks with my camera from, (believe it or not), real estate house shots. I've been building up a little side business taking the exterior and interior photos of houses for real estate agents for their MLS listings. It all started because one of my neighbors is a RE agent, and was complaining that he was not satisfied with his photos of the homes he was listing.
Thanks Steven.

Good for you! More and more agents are going to "Real" photographers these days. I've seen some done in HDR but not for me though. The pano is good on the flyers when people can't see the back view from the front, gets some interest.

I have a cheap light set up but flash and longer exposures with a good DOF works just as well for me, for me. As one tog told me. "Get married to your tripod!"

Couple of interior shots.

The E3/30 with the 11x22 or 9x60 couldn't hurt. Trying to keep things straight with the kit lens...is an art..
Attached Images

Last edited by Scouse; Jul 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:54 PM   #6

Those are absolutely super interior shots Ken.

You should charge yourself a lot of money for those photos!! Set up a second corporation for your photographic operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
The E3/30 with the 11x22 or 9x60 couldn't hurt. Trying to keep things straight with the kit lens...is an art..
So far the 12-60mm has been serving me well. One hint about straight lines: I have found that a 4 foot aluminum stepladder is my friend. Standing on the stepladder allows me to get up high enough where the camera will be half way up and exactly 90 degrees perpendicular to the edge lines, pretty much eliminating the slanting and going a long way to keeping things straight. (Plus, it provides a little different perspective from the normal room shot.)
(Oh, and you need an imaged stabilized camera like the E-30 so you don't always need the tripod.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven r View Post
those are absolutely super interior shots ken.

You should charge yourself a lot of money for those photos!! Set up a second corporation for your photographic operations.

so far the 12-60mm has been serving me well. One hint about straight lines: I have found that a 4 foot aluminum stepladder is my friend. Standing on the stepladder allows me to get up high enough where the camera will be half way up and exactly 90 degrees perpendicular to the edge lines, pretty much eliminating the slanting and going a long way to keeping things straight. (plus, it provides a little different perspective from the normal room shot.)
(oh, and you need an imaged stabilized camera like the e-30 so you don't always need the tripod.)
:d :d :d
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:00 PM   #8

been a bit weird for me too

shot this home some weeks ago
had the video parts in the camera
for some inexplicable reason I formatted the card
and deleted the lot, so had to go back and reshoot that part

within 10 mins of the video going up
(which had a really unfortunate focus error in it)
they had an offer on it, now the place is sold, just shy of $900k

anyways, a look at it, start with the pole shots

Last edited by Rriley; Jul 31, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:00 AM   #9

Ken

That last shot of the first bunch is just fab and the two flower shots aren't bad either...The interior of the house just looks fab..and you knowi t would cost 2-3x as much to get anything close to that here in the UK The pics all make me want to pick up sticks and move.

Riley, haven;t seen your interior shots in a while and forgot how good they are .. a mix of FT/m43 and the 5D ?

Last edited by HarjTT; Aug 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2013, 2:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post

Riley, haven;t seen your interior shots in a while and forgot how good they are .. a mix of FT/m43 and the 5D ?
thanks Harj

no, theyre all E5
rarely risk 5D for interiors
on occasion I will use GH2 for night shots
even then I think E5 would do a better job sometimes
what GH2 can do that E5 wont is low noise in shadows, high contrast etc

Ive been merging 3 frames together from ISO bracket for E5
the colours are so much prettier than everything else I have and I can shoot hand held

I think if I wanted realism Id probably go for GH2's cooler WB
great sensor, like 16x9 a lot, but its a dog to handle in some ways, still superior to 5D in every way though

Last edited by Rriley; Aug 1, 2013 at 2:52 AM.
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote