Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:32 AM   #11

Very nice pictures. But obviously whoever owns that kitchen in the 2nd shot doesn't do any serious cooking. A beautiful space well captured but functionally useless.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:50 AM   #12

thanks, its old now but one of my favourites
the guy that built that kitchen worked really hard on all that. He might have had like 16 weeks to completely revamp a whole house including taking out walls etc, and pocketed a lot of money in the process.

He's kind of a one man industry I guess.
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriley View Post
thanks, its old now but one of my favourites
the guy that built that kitchen worked really hard on all that. He might have had like 16 weeks to completely revamp a whole house including taking out walls etc, and pocketed a lot of money in the process.

He's kind of a one man industry I guess.
They call that "Flipping"

Well done, and like you say you can pocket money. Badly done and you're left holding the bag.
We've just tried to sell one, not our listing and the bank gave our buyer such a hard time over a flipped house, that they walked away and rescinded their offer.
Still our clients but we have to start all over again.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
They call that "Flipping"

Well done, and like you say you can pocket money. Badly done and you're left holding the bag.
We've just tried to sell one, not our listing and the bank gave our buyer such a hard time over a flipped house, that they walked away and rescinded their offer.
Still our clients but we have to start all over again.
he's done this quite a few times
I would have shot something like 6 houses of his that i know of. He always starts with older cheaper houses, or interiors that for some reason dont quite work. Modifies the interior replacing bathrooms completely, sometimes renders the outside. He's big on large tiles inside and out too, and always fresh paint

The last one he did might be a year ago, large parcel of land he turned into 6 housing blocks complete with bitumen road, cement gutters and street lighting. He completely remodelled quite the large house that used to be the farmhouse. Last I saw him he traded the Subaru for a silver porsche 966 convertible, his wife drives an STI WRX.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:12 PM   #15

Quote:
he's done this quite a few times
I would have shot something like 6 houses of his that i know of. He always starts with older cheaper houses, or interiors that for some reason dont quite work. Modifies the interior replacing bathrooms completely, sometimes renders the outside. He's big on large tiles inside and out too, and always fresh paint

The last one he did might be a year ago, large parcel of land he turned into 6 housing blocks complete with bitumen road, cement gutters and street lighting. He completely remodelled quite the large house that used to be the farmhouse. Last I saw him he traded the Subaru for a silver porsche 966 convertible, his wife drives an STI WRX.
Then he's doing it right...I'd venture to guess...
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:46 PM   #16

Quote:
Last I saw him he traded the Subaru for a silver porsche 966 convertible.
Just out of curiosity, what's a 966? In the US we've had a 996 (thru 2005) and then a 997.

This is a theoretical question since I couldn't even afford the insurance on one.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Just out of curiosity, what's a 966? In the US we've had a 996 (thru 2005) and then a 997.

This is a theoretical question since I couldn't even afford the insurance on one.
I'd be interested in that also. The only Porsche 966 that I remember was an open cockpit racing machine. I did not think they made a street version.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:26 PM   #18

Steve

Didn;t know any of that, so good work on finding that out .. you know reading manuals is not what most of like to do !

Riley those two are superb .. esp the first one and what makes them good in my eyes is that the shots both look completely natural. I was thinking thats some pretty cool flash work.

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Steve

Didn;t know any of that, so good work on finding that out .. you know reading manuals is not what most of like to do !

Riley those two are superb .. esp the first one and what makes them good in my eyes is that the shots both look completely natural. I was thinking thats some pretty cool flash work.

Cheers

Harj
Thanks Harj. I'm still learning new things about the E-3.

Riley had a good point that I had not thought about. When using the ISO exposure bracketing, if you are going to use the +- full stop, then you have to set the ISO to at least 200, because the ISO base is 100 on the E-3. I'm going to try to get the time to do some experimenting with it over the next week.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post

966 is the 911 turbo replacement
http://motoburg.com/30583-porsche-966-turbo.html