Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 24, 2013, 4:21 PM   #1

Default Can someone help me understand Adobe's developers' incomprehensible logic?

Even my Machead friends get frustrated with Adobe, so it's not just me.

I upgraded PShop from CS5 to CS6 while we still can (before the cloud version becomes the only option). I'm trying to add Camera Profiles for my E500, E5, and L1. I thought I did this once in the CS5 but because I'm also moving the apps to a new computer I had to deactivate the CS5 on the old computer to move it, so those files are history.

Can someone point this poor soul to a place to get those Camera Profiles? I thought Greg Chappell did this when he got CS6 so Greg - if you know how please chime in here!

TIA,

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:42 PM   #2

Hey Ted

Im assuming you uninstalled CS5 first .. mac or Windows as thats also going to make a difference ?

The Oly camers use just the standard camera profile in Lr and I'd assume that CS is exactly the same and thus there will be no specific E-X profile .

You might want to look at this thread as it may just help.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5010651

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:09 PM   #3

Hi Ted.

Unfortunately, Adobe makes no Olympus-specific profiles, four-thirds or micro four-thirds. We're stuck with the Adobe default profiles. Don't know what it is with them. When I process my girlfriend's Sony RX100 raw files in ACR, they created profiles for that digicam.

This guy makes great profiles for the E-5 and subsequent micro models..

http://www.colorfidelity.com
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:02 PM   #4

Thanks, Harj. I've read that page and a gazillion others. But I was thinking there are other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Hi Ted.

Unfortunately, Adobe makes no Olympus-specific profiles, four-thirds or micro four-thirds. We're stuck with the Adobe default profiles. Don't know what it is with them. When I process my girlfriend's Sony RX100 raw files in ACR, they created profiles for that digicam.

This guy makes great profiles for the E-5 and subsequent micro models..

http://www.colorfidelity.com
Thanks, Greg!

I ordered the one for the E5. After all I've spent on PP software, $10 seems like a steal.

Ted
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:55 PM   #5

I think you'll like 'em. You get three, a standard, high and low contrast profile. The colors are definitely an improvement over Adobe's default setting.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 7:33 AM   #6

Quote:
I think you'll like 'em. You get three, a standard, high and low contrast profile. The colors are definitely an improvement over Adobe's default setting.
It's sitting in my Inbox and I'll try it this weekend (as well as the ACR in CS6).

Thanks for your help!

Ted
Old Oct 25, 2013, 5:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Greg, I did a quick shot and you're right for sure - the colours, ooops, colors are definitely better. Thanks a lot - a worthwhile $10.

I'm also looking forward to exploring what's different in ACR in CS6 vs CS5. Any advice?

I'm running behind on the setup in the new computer because it took me a while to figure out that Faststone Viewer was the app giving me the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). I went back to my trusty Irfanview.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 8:42 AM   #8

The Noise filter in Adobe Camera raw is much improved. I stopped using noise reduction plugins with CS6. I'd need to go back and remember what all else they changed/added. The biggest improvement for me, was finally getting a Wacom tablet and pen for brush applications, which are a PITA with the mouse.