Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:47 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Hi Ken,

Like your post and yes, I still visit this forum from time to time to see what is going on. But I have to confess that, in all the years that you've been a member, I never realized what your avatar represented until this morning.
Then it hit me.

I wonder how many of the regular visitors to Steve's know.
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:46 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
I wonder how many of the regular visitors to Steve's know.
I didn't put 2+2 together until you said something.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:00 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Okay - so they're not comets. But the planet Venus was in conjunction with the crescent moon (including Earthshine) tonight as I got off work. Wish I had been in the country, could have had a better foreground.
Attached Images
 
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:31 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,901
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ken,
.....
......I never realized what your avatar represented until this morning.
Then it hit me.

I wonder how many of the regular visitors to Steve's know.
I had not thought about it. I guess I kinda thought it was a design or trademark that Ken used in his Real Estate Business.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chiPersei View Post
Okay - so they're not comets. But the planet Venus was in conjunction with the crescent moon (including Earthshine) tonight as I got off work. Wish I had been in the country, could have had a better foreground.
Excellent capture.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:14 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
chiPersei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Excellent capture.
Thanks Steven. Venus will be above and closer to the crescent moon tomorrow evening. Will make for a fairly rare photo op.
chiPersei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:20 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I had not thought about it. I guess I kinda thought it was a design or trademark that Ken used in his Real Estate Business.




Excellent capture.
Hi Steven,

For a detailed explanation, google: "the golden ratio"
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:22 AM.