Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:47 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....y'all keep this thread happening, I am really enjoying it.

My attempt to show our home to a friend in California, a few years ago, camera Olympus C7070WZ @ 6.5mm. Now I will hush and watch this thread, thanks.
thats a nice house Bob, love the detail brickwork
next time, try to remember to shoot from as far back as possible, while you can maintain a good eye level. Its not good to look too much up at a house, especially noticeable for 2 storeys. This is fine...

Also try not to clip the eves off, the roof is an important statement about the form of the house. As far as processing goes, try straighten the verticals, and make the house balance, so it looks level. Thats another reason to have a little space around the house, because correcting perspective will eat some of the surrounds. And remember,the garden out front will add as much as $10k to the value of the home, its better to show as much of it as possible.
Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:04 PM   #32

I posted this one on Get DPI some time ago
7-14 on M1,probably f/4.5

the technique is to show the mood and colour of the bathroom
the slowish shutter, probably sub 1/30th sec mixes the home lighting in and takes that flash driven illumination out of it.
theres normally a bloom from the flash you can see in the mirror on the cupboard doors on the left side
I cup my hand around the stofen to reduce it but some usually shows through as it has here

added details are the coloured towels, the lamp and the planter
they have a 'stylist' now that looks after that and arrives with a truck load of stuff

the tech stuff like sharp sharpness nice straight lines and some bling gives it a bit of gasp value even though its a very average bathroom.
This is a lead pipe synch with olympus

Last edited by Rriley; Jan 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:04 PM   #33

Rriley: what a good job of giving some sparkle to a very plain bath.

Bob: A good job with a classic old camera, the C-7070 was an excellent piece of camera equipment. The photo is fine for just showing a friend what your house looks like. For a real estate sales presentation, I took your house photo and spent a few seconds doing some touch-ups. First, I lightened the front door wall to provide more detail in the brick, and the glass pattern in the door itself. Also lightened the roof, in order to show that the shingles and roof was in pristine condition. Then I lightened the driveway for the same reason, as well as the grass. Lastly, just a hair straightening. I always carry an aluminum stepladder with me, even for outside shots, to help keep the tilting lines at bay. Anyway, here is my take on your house.

The original photo:

My take on it:
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:48 PM   #34

....neat stuff, this thread!

Thanks Rriley & Steven for some insight to real estate photo presentation. I did make the photo only for an email attachment and never gave a thought to how it might be improved.... very interesting comments from you both and I will remember them.

BTW the time of day was 2000 hrs.

Steven the demo PP is really worth knowing about and seeing. In the past 6-months we have had remodeled our master bath and the photos I made of that progression were done with the iPHONE; when done I made more with the C7070WZ, that camera is so good for such. I did use my M1 & FT9-18 but did not find as good results as with the 7070.

I personally will like seeing more images here and the explanations from you experts are quite appreciated..... now I am shutting up and watching.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:34 PM   #35

Hey Bob

Now thats a nice looking home... you'd looking at a cool 1m for that at least and possibly way more in certain parts of the UK.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:10 AM   #36

all he has to do is get it on the boat and...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:24 AM   #37

Quote:
all he has to do is get it on the boat and...
....uh, huh! getting started on that right away!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:48 AM   #38

Thought I'd toss another little house in for fun. Typical smaller 3 bed 2 bath home on the island here. We sold it for $250. Nice comfortable living for a couple or young family. Garden shed to hide out for a man cave and a natural pond at the bottom of the yard.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
..... We sold it for $250. ......
Sounds like a comfortable home and they sure got a super great bargain for only $250. I could have paid cash for that.
I would have guessed it would be closer to $250K.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You would have done the same to me. LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:07 PM   #40

I could probably get a loan or something...