Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:23 AM   #1

Default Getting a little snow in Maryland

I haven't posted in a long time primarily because it's been really dreary around here. But it got exciting this morning when I thought I lost Linda's Grand Cherokee.

The white spots aren't dust on the sensor. And I left the windshield wipers facing up away from the windshield (I'm not kidding). We're going after 18" of snow today.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:28 AM   #2

Just a little!

65 here today, 70 by the weekend.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Just a little!

65 here today, 70 by the weekend.
Better than Atlanta. What a disaster!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:41 AM   #4

Indeed, and North Carolina as I was reading about the problems around Durham. We just missed out on it as it blew through on the way that direction. This has been a worse-than-normal winter for us, but does not hold a candle to what you guys are dealing with. I hear about it alot from my daughter who is a pilot in the USAF at McGuire AFB in New Jersey. Talk about a fish out of water, she's never dealt with winters like this.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:11 AM   #5

We had half inch of snow when we woke Monday. Gone by noon as the temps warmed up.
I used to wait for the snow when I lived in the mountains and skied every day. Now I just want to be somewhere under a palm tree in my shorts drinking something out of a coconut.

Good shot Ted and good to hear from you.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I hear about it a lot from my daughter who is a pilot in the USAF at McGuire AFB in New Jersey. Talk about a fish out of water, she's never dealt with winters like this.
Jeeez Greg it seems like yesterday you said she was going to the Academy. What does she fly?

Ted

PS: Tell her I said anyone can land a plane on a long runway that isn't pitching and yawing. She'll know what I mean...

Last edited by tkurkowski; Feb 13, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I used to wait for the snow when I lived in the mountains and skied every day. Now I just want to be somewhere under a palm tree in my shorts drinking something out of a coconut.
Everyone has different pleasures. Right now mine is that my neighbor has fired up his snowblower and doing his driveway. (I had asked him if he would do mine if I paid him and he said yes.) This is the first time in 4 years we've needed someone to do a driveway. We both have 4wd vehicles and since it rarely snows more than maybe 5" we just drive over it. It melts in a few days here anyway. I have acquaintances that ask me why we have 4wd vehicles and I bite my tongue when they come into work with sore backs from shoveling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Good shot Ted and good to hear from you.
It's good to be back.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:09 AM   #8

Good to see Ted posting again; sorry about all the snow. I have relatives in North Carolina and they have been hard hit also. Hope everyone warms up quickly.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:12 PM   #9

Hi, Steven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Good to see Ted posting again; sorry about all the snow. I have relatives in North Carolina and they have been hard hit also. Hope everyone warms up quickly.
Unfortunately, up here it's 33 but it won't stay that high and there's a fine mist drizzle coming down. As we approach the night there are several outcomes of this weather pattern and to contradict what Darrell Royal said about throwing a pass, in this case none of the outcomes are good. Specifically to quote the NWS, "Snow, freezing rain, and sleet."

Jeeeez.

The good news is that a friendly neighbor brought his snowblower over and cleared a lane down our driveway. I used to do that with my neighbors years ago and apparently what comes around goes around.

Ted

Edit: Snow for sure. So I'm gonna continue to exercise this new GoldenEar soundbar.

Last edited by tkurkowski; Feb 13, 2014 at 2:42 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 6:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Jeeez Greg it seems like yesterday you said she was going to the Academy. What does she fly?

Ted

PS: Tell her I said anyone can land a plane on a long runway that isn't pitching and yawing. She'll know what I mean...
HaHa, sounds like a carrier landing.