Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:55 AM   #11

Well I lived in the day when that model came out and I drooled when I saw it. Unfortunately with my wages at the time it was unaffordable. I settled for a Hurst Olds 442 at 3,100 out the door. :-)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:25 AM   #12

Thanks to everyone for looking and commenting. I can tell that a lot of us still remember those "good ole days." LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Well I lived in the day when that model came out and I drooled when I saw it. Unfortunately with my wages at the time it was unaffordable. I settled for a Hurst Olds 442 at 3,100 out the door. :-)
An Olds 442? Love that car, one of my acquaintances had one back in the day, and that was a really super auto.

There was one at the same auto show, so here are some shots of it:

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:32 AM   #13

Nice. I had a newer model, a 1968.

Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Nice. I had a newer model, a 1968.

Oh my, that is a beautiful car!

The 68 model was the one my friend drove. I loved the lines that started with the 68 models. A timeless look, they still look good today.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Oh my, that is a beautiful car!

The 68 model was the one my friend drove. I loved the lines that started with the 68 models. A timeless look, they still look good today.
Well that is not my car but another photo of the same model and color I had. About two years after I bought the Olds I sold it and bought a 396 Chevelle Super Sport. Big mistake. Thanks.