Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:26 PM   #1

Default LCD screen going crazy??

When I went on the P51 photo shoot and tried to view the photos I took, the LCD screen kept flashing from a normal view to what appeared to be a color negative view. The battery was fine. When I got home I reset the camera and it is OK now. What could I have done to cause this to display in that manner?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:59 PM   #2

Hi James: Was this occurring when you were in review mode looking at the photos on the screen? There are 7 review modes for looking at your shots, selected by hitting the "info" button. Maybe it was in highlight mode or else in shadow mode when you were reviewing the shots. Was the screen flashing certain areas? It is easy to hit the info button and cycle thru the many viewing options for reviewing photos on the back lcd screen. The highlight mode especially will flash the reverse on any highlighted part of the photo.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2014, 4:54 PM   #3

Yes Steve I was in the review mode and I may have pushed the info button a few times but I didn't realize there was a feature like that in the review mode. I cannot see where any one would use that when it flashes so fast between normal and what appears to be a reversal of colors.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 9:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Yes Steve I was in the review mode and I may have pushed the info button a few times but I didn't realize there was a feature like that in the review mode. I cannot see where any one would use that when it flashes so fast between normal and what appears to be a reversal of colors.
I've learned that those features are pretty useful. Especially when I'm starting a shooting session under new lighting conditions. I will take a couple of shots and then hit the review button and cycle through some of the options.

I like the highlights view because it instantly shows the exact overexposed areas, which can be a problem down here with white birds in bright sunlight. And I like to also go to the comprehensive info view, especially when using shutter priority. The comprehensive info view tells me what auto ISO and f-stops the camera has chosen. I can then adjust my shutter speed up or down based on the info.
Anyway, I think when you start to use those review options that you will learn how useful they can be when you are on a photo shoot.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote