Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:23 AM   #11

Why are you making it so complicated to post a photo here from SmugMug??

When in SmugMug, and you are choosing the "Get a Link" option, click on the "Photo Links" instead of the "Embedded Links" used in your example.

By clicking on "Photo Links" you instantly get links for up to 9 sizes of your shot, depending on your gallery settings where the photo is located. i.e. -If you want the 2x large image, you just click once on the "2x" button, and then come back to Steve's-Digicams, click on the little icon for inserting photos, hit paste and your 2x size photo is instantly inserted here. So basically, it's just a couple of clicks and then a "control V" and you are done.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:38 AM   #12

Thank you, Greg and Steven!!!
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:34 PM   #13

Hi Steven.

I used to use those links. There was a time, long ago now, where I only needed to copy and paste the links here within the message without using an upload icon of any kind. I guess they changed that when the site was updated and all I noticed was, the old way of loading files no longer worked.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Oct 3, 2015 at 12:01 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2015, 10:58 PM   #14

Steven, one other difference I just noticed. I created a post in the Micro forum with images from my recent Colorado trip and used the little icon to insert the images. Worked well, BUT.....adding the images that way, they are not hyperlinks to my webpage. When I insert images the way I described, you can click on the image and automatically go to my web page to view the image larger and see the other pictures I did not post here, so that post will be the last where I use the "insert image" icon.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Sep 30, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
LOL. You won't believe this, but I bought a refurbished C-8080 from Olympus many years ago, and still have it. And, yes, I still use it from time to time. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it. I especially like it for doing macro shots. The lens on the camera is outstanding, IMHO.
The C-8080 reminded me that the Oly engineers are really good. When they brought out the E-10/20 they created a pair of conversion lenses for it, one wide angle and one telephoto, that together increased the focal length range of the 10/20 zoom. They're both very heavy hunks of glass but because the 10/20 lens is both internal focusing and internal zooming you could hang those lenses on the front without worrying about the structural strength of the lens. (In 2002 that was a $2000 camera, built like a brick outhouse.) You can't zoom with them on - you have to leave the lens at its shortest or longest FL respectively.

So it turns out that I can use them on the C-8080 after buying an adapter. I was pretty skeptical since as you know the C-8080 lens moves when zooming and those conversion lenses each seem to weigh as much as the C-8080 does. But the adapter is only $7 so I figured why not see how it works.

Oly was way ahead of me. You unscrew the ring at the end of the stationary part of the lens barrel and screw in the adapter there, and thus mount either conversion lens to the part of the lens barrel that doesn't move. Doh! Brilliant. (I haven't done any shooting with them yet.)

People are made to be loved and things are made to be used. The confusion in this world is that people are used and things are loved. (Unknown author)

Last edited by tkurkowski; Oct 1, 2015 at 3:50 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2015, 6:10 PM   #16

It appears DXO has finally released the lens module for the M. Zuiko 7-14mm f2.8. I plan on downloading tonight and seeing how it handles that lens. In almost every instance, the DXO software makes use of "extra" data cropped off by Olympus and other software coded with the standard micro four-thirds processing for body-lens combinations, resulting in wider FOV for virtually every body/lens combination I have run through DXO Prop Optics. With a lens this extreme, it should be interesting to see...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 2:06 PM   #17

I think I may have finally found my right workflow in DXO. There are SO many options, but the key for me has been figuring out the best way to use the Smart Lighting slider, which is set to 25 by default. For working with highlights the best starting point looks to be something more like 10, which allows me to more often than not use the highlights slider to reign in any clipped areas without having to resort to also using the more globally-affecting negative exposure compensation.

Between that, a good setting for Micro contrast and playing with the blacks, shadows and midpoint sliders to bring up those areas, and I already loved the colors better than Adobe, I may be using this more exclusively myself.

E-M1 and 12-40mm f2.8..

E-M5II and 7-14mm f2.8 M. Zuiko at 7mm..

E-M1 and 12-40mm f2.8..

Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:26 PM   #18

You certainly can't argue with those results! Those photos look really good.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2015, 1:43 PM   #19

The profile for the 7-14mm f2.8 Zuiko is particularly good. That alone makes the program worth learning.