Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:59 PM   #1

tkmckay:

I must say that tristate has been nothing less than awesome in the past 5 years ive bought from them, great prices, free shipping ect... The price includes the basic kit as shown here from this link.. http://www.tristatecamera.com/LookAt...tore.php3.html. Just wanted to know if there was something i didnt know about this new camera that could be the reason. p.s. they never sell grey market so that can be ruled out.
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:39 PM   #2

i agree tri state blows everyone away,feel sorry for those who paid 1000.00 or more .for 769.00 few years ago couldnt even buy a 4.0 for that.
the wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:43 AM   #3

jcarboski wrote:
Quote:
tkmckay:

I must say that tristate has been nothing less than awesome in the past 5 years ive bought from them, great prices, free shipping ect... The price includes the basic kit as shown here from this link.. http://www.tristatecamera.com/LookAt...tore.php3.html. Just wanted to know if there was something i didnt know about this new camera that could be the reason. p.s. they never sell grey market so that can be ruled out.

Hi jcarboski,I didn't mean anything by what was posted in the other topic about the reseller. I don't know anything about them to be honest, or have delt with them.... I haven't lookedthem up on reseller-ratings.It was more aimed at a "make sure you look at what exactly you are buying, before you buy it" type ofcomment. Just coming up with potential (and apparently uneducated) reasons.:sad:

As for possible reasons as to why the E-300 is dropping in price.... hmmm maybe Oly (america)isn't beingso pushy on theMAP when it comes to the E-300 as they were with the E-1 to try and get as many people as possible into the4/3's system. As far as I know the only major issue that would need to be addressed before I would consider purchasing the E-300 would be the apparent less than steller jpeg performance which isjust excellent onthe E-1 IMHO. Although I would be interested in finding out ifthe new firmware update for the camera has addressed this. I know the new firmware update for the E-1 has been quite a surprise for me when it comes to focus performance.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote