Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:58 PM   #1

Later this afternoon, I will be picking up my new E-300. For someone doing lots of indoor flash people pics (using the FL-36 external flash) is the Zuiko 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 lens kit good enough or is it better to go for the Zuiko 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 lens?
agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2005, 3:42 PM   #2

If you have the extra cash available I would get the 14-54 over the 14-45 lens. Both are excellent in their results but the added extra brightness of the 14-54 would more than likely help out with indoor shots. I'm a firm believer in buying the better equipment the first time raither than wishing/regretting latter!
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 2:31 PM   #3

Ok

Try this again i want to here your opinion about the zuiko lens for the digital olympus comparsion to the zuiko lens on the film cameras . My experence as limited as it may be with the film zuiko lens even on the old olympus rc are outstanding even when you scan the film from this camera and its lil cousin olympus 35 trip, hands down beats every thing all to pixs's . Any way you here my excitement are the digital zuikos as spectacular considering the e-volt or the c 8080

jerry:roll:
jerryalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 6:34 AM   #4

jerryalan wrote:
Quote:
Ok

Try this again i want to here your opinion about the zuiko lens for the digital olympus comparsion to the zuiko lens on the film cameras . My experence as limited as it may be with the film zuiko lens even on the old olympus rc are outstanding even when you scan the film from this camera and its lil cousin olympus 35 trip, hands down beats every thing all to pixs's . Any way you here my excitement are the digital zuikos as spectacular considering the e-volt or the c 8080
I don't know of any direct comparisons of the optical qualities of the digital versus film lenses, but if you want to use your old Zuiko OM lenses on the new E1 or E-300, it is possible with the free (at least, used to be free) adapter from Olympus when you buy your new camera.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2005, 4:03 PM   #5

Thanks

I wish i had some OM lens , i have looked at the minolta 7d looks very good as well any way thanks for responding

jerry
jerryalan is offline   Reply With Quote