Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2005, 2:46 AM   #11

Yes - E-500 due out in about 3 weeks time.

Parkwood
parkwoodmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 3:29 AM   #12

parkwoodmm wrote:
Quote:
Yes - E-500 due out in about 3 weeks time.

Parkwood
Actually, some already have the E-500 in their hands...BestBuy in some larger areas is already selling the camera.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:43 AM   #13

How about this teaser then :-)

And as far as I know, it's NOT real deal:G
Attached Images

core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:45 AM   #14

And the back ...

It looks like for the real E-1 replacement, we'll have to wait till next year.
Attached Images

core is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:02 PM   #15

I want one so bad I can see myself in it!:|
Attached Images

SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:58 PM   #16

After ordering the 11-22mm lens and FL36 flash from Photocraft for my E-1 (excellent shop and prices btw), I asked Saam about the next E. He said that the Olympus reps are giving dealers some general info: including that it will appear in March 2006, will be faster, have higher resolution, a better focusing system and larger LCD. Forgot to ask him about the rather important IS feature.

He also suggested that it would be better for E-1 users to wait, than to buy an E 500 now.
fishumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:59 PM   #17

Well I hope all of you rumore mungers have learned a lesson.
First don't start rumors unless you have the facts. Those facts are in the hands of those who know the truth and they are at Olympus.
I for a fact know that there will be a upgrade and replacement for the E-1 Pro.
You want to see what is up with Olympus then ask them.
The fact is, Olympus is testing and retesting what is to be the next offering for the Pros. But to convince a pro to stay with Olympus or move from the Nikon or Canon will requier a camera that is better than what in their hands now.
We are talking a complete system package. Camera, Lighting, Media Transfer, and Glass. The Camera will need to be as Fast or Faster, both in Focus and in image capture. It will need to have the buffer to handle a large burst of photos. Then the real issue, it needs to be able to record an image at very high ISO settings (3200 and 6400) with very low noise. And vertuly no noise at 1600 and below.
It need to be able to withstand the day to day banging around that a pro will subject this camera to and yet be reliable after 10,000 image recordings.
Oh yes, there is the mega pixel count, most publications are looking in the 5 to 8 range then there is the comercial and product people 10 - 15 range. This is a delema for Olympus, they have been listening yet they hear two different ranges.
So you may be looking at two cameras down the road.
Testing takes time and money, Olympus has been testing, and by the end of the Olympics in Turino, felt the Cameras were not ready.
In order to make this camera a success and a money maker for Olympus, the after sale cost of the camera, (Warratee Service) needs to be next to $0.00 dollars. But if you are going to sell a camera of the caliber that Olympus is planning, then this camera better exceed it's claims.
Oh and if you would to see a hint of what the camera will look like, they have had the prototype out sense the introduction of the first E-Pro.
Olympus hase two E-Pro bodies. The type A is the current E-1 the next new body is known as the type B body and has the extended battery built into the camera.
This camera was infact the first prototype but the type A was release first.
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0209/ol...lympus0852.jpg
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0209/ol...lympus0853.jpg
Olympus has all along planned to release a second pro camera, but it is a time consumming process.
So please stop the rumors and Olympus may just reward you with the real thing.

Lamb010

lamb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 10:56 PM   #18

Thisdiscussion has been dead for over three months now and I see little else here of a recent vintageasking about the E-1 or its replacement. You need to go post your message over on the same site where you pulled thoselinks from (if your skin is thick enough, that is). That's where all the complainers and prognosticators about the E-1 replacement body are.

Hindsite is always 20/20. You think it's bad on Olympus forums, go check the Canon and Nikon forums. They start speculating about replacement bodies about 3 weeks after a new model is released.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:12 PM   #19

I dearly hope that any further Olympus E pro camera wil

NOT BE any larger or heavier than the E-1!

1) be at least as well-sealed, robust and ergonomic as the E-1

2) have a viewfiender at least as bright and large and full-coverage

3) have significantly improved autofocus and exposure systems

4) preserve the E-1's superb colour and White-balance fidelity

improvements in MPS and FPS are nice, but the above are essential!
fishumba is offline   Reply With Quote