Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:06 PM   #1

I started my camera life with an Olympus OM-10. Had a few lenses, it was and still is a great camera.

Later I went digital. My first was a rotten Vivitar. But then Igot my Olympus D-500L. Up until a week ago this was my best digital camera. All my others were simple APS: A Canon and a Kodak. Even though the 500L was a 1.3 MP and 5 years old, it outshot larger CCDs in the Canon and the Kodak hands down.

But now, well a week ago, I received my Olympus E-300 and I'm back in camera heaven. I had forgotten how much control I had with my OM-10.

While I have not used it to a large extent, the E-300 looks like a great camera.
mphare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 3:10 AM   #2

Good move!
Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 1:27 PM   #3

Nice buy!:-)If you still have some of you older OM lenses kicking around you may want to look into emailing Olympus about the OM adapter for your camera and you could enjoy those lenses once again on the new body....although in manual focus only.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:24 PM   #4

Really!? An adapter for my OM lenses for the EVOLT?

I had no idea such a thing existed.. but then, that's why I looked for a forum such as this: To gain Information.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 8:39 PM   #5

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/e1_pg2.html

@ the bottom of the page.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 7:51 PM   #6

I also found this

I wrote the email address supplied, gave them my serial number, where I bought the camera and my address and I've already received an email stating they are sending me my MA-1 adapter ring.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:02 AM   #7

The OM1 to E-series adaptor is great news for those who love telephotos, whilst those who demand wide-angles, will be disappointed since the digital sensor does not cover the 35mm frame. For those, you have Olly's 11>22mm [22>44mm in 35mm] or, if you can bear the wait [Looks like not being mass-produced, so very careful Quality control standards employed on each batch, which is a bobus in my opinion!] of about 4>6 weeks, and the huge hole in your wallet or a mangled credit card, there is the f4 7>14mm [14>28mm in 35mm] which I think is THE widest available [114 degrees!] zoom lens. I've now owned one for just over 2 months and the images off it, are stunning! Still well worth the £1000+ price tag in my opinion, as it has little variation in image density from centre to edge, [a common complaint on any manufacturers lenses] and I's say the optical quality is even better than the higher quality 14>54mm standard zoom lens, which is an excellent optic.
SamsSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 12:59 AM   #8

SamsSauce wrote:
Quote:
there is the f4 7>14mm [14>28mm in 35mm] which I think is THE widest available [114 degrees!] zoom lens. I've now owned one for just over 2 months and the images off it, are stunning!
I second that, I was hooked within minutes! I will be saving my shekels for quite some time but my enthusiasm hasn't waned. This lens will be worth the wait.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...343839#p343839

Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:50 PM   #9

Nice buy!

Did you happen to try out the 11-22mm Oly on your E-1 as well before/during/after the purchase of the 7-14mm?

The reason I ask is I originally had every intent of purchasing the 11-22mm to add to the 14-54/50-200 I have now for my E-1... I even bought 72mm filters and use a step up ring for my current lenses. I'm just wondering if perhaps I will want even wider than the 11-22 offers... and the fact it overlaps my 14-54 so much. I have heard the 11-22 is supersharp thoughout its range while the 14-54 is a little on the softside at 14mm. To much to weight.... it would be alot easier if the 7-14 wasn't 2x + as much $$ as the 11-22.:?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:53 AM   #10

I invested in the 14-54 and have yet to find fault with it. It' pinsharp at all apertures and gives excellent colour saturation and balance. I can wholeheartedly recommend it.
slioch is offline   Reply With Quote