Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1

One of the first things I buy for a new camera is a 1A or UV for lens protection and a Circular Polarizer for those outdoor shots.

I've seen the thread questioning if the 1A/UV is really necessary, but let's assume it is.

The question here is vignetting.

Should I buy larger mm filters and a steup ring for my E-300's lens or should I just get filters that fit the lens as is?

Thanks,
mphare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:55 AM   #2

Personally if I could do it over again I would have gotten the 67mm filter size that fits my 14-54/50-200 lenses natively instead of the 72mm filters I did purchase. I bought the 72's with a 67-72mm stepup ring so that when I was able to purchase what I hope to be my next lens.... the 11-22mm Oly which takes 72mm filters I wouldn't need to buy a second set. The downfall of having the larger set with the two lenses I have now if you cant use the lens hoods with the stepup ring/72mm filter attached to either lens. The hood is simply not wide enough to get around the filter which was something I never thought about before the purchase.

I may just go ahead and purchase another polarized filter of 67mm to fit these two lenses so I can use the hoods.
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:05 PM   #3

Thank Tk.

mphare is offline   Reply With Quote