Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1

Purchased an EVOLT 2 lens kit (stupid name - great camera) for a trip to Alaska instead of dragging along 25 pounds of 35mm equipment. Later picked up a 14-54 lens. Shot almost eveything in RAW mode. Easy camera to use with a little practice. Spent a couple months prior to the trip getting used to the camera. Great results! Prince William Sound pictures came out with spectacular color and detail. Even a cloudy day in Denali came out great. Other photographers on the trip were fascinated by the EVOLT. Canon, Nikon, Minolta, etc. all make very good cameras - I have owned a few. The brand snobs, EVOLT detractors, and technical nitpickers are wasting their time. The end result is what counts, and it is great.
octalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2005, 6:36 AM   #2

octalman wrote:
Quote:
The end result is what counts, and it is great.
Congrats. What RAW developer are you using?

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:47 AM   #3

octalman wrote:
Quote:
Purchased an EVOLT 2 lens kit (stupid name - great camera
Then call it the E-300 instead...we all know that it's one in the same.

Personally I prefer Evolt to Drebbel or *ist! :G
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:17 PM   #4

octalman wrote:
Quote:
The end result is what counts, and it is great.

I couldn't agree with you more on that one.

I have had a few people give me a somewhat sour look when they see i'm using an Oly DSLR which I don't understand at all since i'm a firm believer in the only person worth convincing is yourself (and maybe the wife for good messure).

Now that the price has dropped on the E-300 body and kits im seriously thinking about picking up the two lens kit and just selling off the two lenses on ebay or such as they wouldn't be needed as im very happy with the 14-54/50-200 combo I have now for my E-1... a second body would be very handy right now and would become more handy in the future with additional lenses..... then again since I maybe moving very shortly (andim sure about mylittle photograhpy hobby and having time for it:sadI may just wait till next year and see what comes out then.... to many choices to weight and not enough money for all of them.:blah:

tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 11:28 AM   #5

Using RawShooter Essential 2005. Enough options for now. It is easy to adjust the image too much. A little tweaking goes a long way.
octalman is offline   Reply With Quote