Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 22, 2005, 8:11 PM   #1

Is there a way to erase a picture right after it is taken with out having to go in to the Play mode?

Reading the manual it sounded like if you turned on Quick Erase you could press the erase button after the picture was taken and it was displayed on the Display.

From the Manual Page 130.

"Quick Erase

This lets you erase the picture you have just taken immediately using the [Erase Button Picture] (erase) button."

Any way of erasing a picture that has just been taken while it is still on the display?

Thanks
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:00 AM   #2

Short answer -you can not delete a picture while in the "picture review" mode.

This is one of the comments I've noted in several of the reviews I've read on the E-500 -- you can not delete an picture without going to the "play" mode. The "Quick Erase" function only skips the "Do you really want to delete this picture" yes / no confirmation. And I just confirmed that with my E-500.

Paul in NoVA
Oly E- 500 C- 730
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney_g
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 2:16 PM   #3

Yea, that's what I found also. They need to either change the manual or even better yet, update the firmware to allow to delete a picture in the "picture review" mode.

plg3 wrote:
Quote:
Short answer -you can not delete a picture while in the "picture review" mode.

This is one of the comments I've noted in several of the reviews I've read on the E-500 -- you can not delete an picture without going to the "play" mode. The "Quick Erase" function only skips the "Do you really want to delete this picture" yes / no confirmation. And I just confirmed that with my E-500.

Paul in NoVA
Oly E- 500 C- 730
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoney_g
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 4:56 PM   #4

That would be a good update. At least allow you to set the option, much like "quick erase."

Paul in NoVA
plg3 is offline   Reply With Quote