Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 20, 2006, 1:47 PM   #1

[align=center]Olympus E-300 / E-500 @ High ISO Settings[/align]

I wanted to know how those cameras are capable in High ISO settings, any of you that experienced with those two cameras can give me an opinion and maybe post some of your photos taken with them.

I am talking at ISO 800 and up.

Idan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:11 PM   #2

IMHO, most important things to remember when shooting high ISO are 1. get the WB right (do a custom or one-touch WB), 2) give proper exposure, and 3) have a good NR program ready (Neatimage, Noise Ninja, etc.). With those caveats, shooting high ISO isn't particularly problematic, although there's definitely more noise. It just depends on how you handle it. I've posted pictures here before of ISO 1600 and 800 shots that were perfectly usable.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:24 PM   #3

I hade the opportunity to use the E500, and I used it exclusivly at iso 1600.

I take allot of pictures of my sond baseball games at night, and was considering purchasing a DSLR for this purpose. I currenly have a Sony F717. The lighting conditions on the field are very poor even for a DSLR. I found the pictures to be very good although I still need to get more confortable with the camera. I could not get the camera to burst on manual mode, so I was forced to use auto and the shutter speed was to slow but nontheless I am pleased with the results. I am sure the pictures will get better with a little more time.
Attached Images

Angel L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:23 AM   #4

CHECK HIGH ISO PICS ON E500

Angel L. is offline   Reply With Quote