Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:17 AM   #21

Why can't i get pictures like these on my e500? your pictures really look great.
Kayti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 6:08 AM   #22

Kayti wrote:
Quote:
Why can't i get pictures like these on my e500? your pictures really look great.
Why not post some of yours and maybe we can help.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:29 AM   #23

Kayti wrote:
Quote:

Hey Kayti, I don't know if you read my post, but it took me a while to really understand DSLR photography. I lurk around here a lot and pick up great info from some of the great photographers around here. I also carry my manual with me in my camera bag so I'm always trying something new. The great thing about digital photography and this camera is, if you don't like the shot, just erase it. So "trial and error" is one of my strong points.:-)

This camera has so many features. If you are coming from a "point and shoot" background, this is a whole new ballgame. If you have experience from 35mm photography you can apply some of that knowledge, but I'm far from knowing as much as I would like. I've just started to really learn about White Balance and I've just started to find out and learn about RAW. One thing I've been doing lately with my camera is setting the mode in M (Manual) and adjusting Lens & speed to suit my needs, just like the old days with my Pentax HV3, hahaha.

Here's an example of some White Balance shots I was experimenting with

Full Auto setting ISO set at 1000 no flash

Full auto setting again Iso at 1000, but White Balnce Custom set to 3100K

Here are some other shots of a recent trip I took. I take my camera with me where ever I go.

Camera Set at Manual, Shutter Speed 1/125, F STOP 3.5 Flash Off ISO 800

drmrsdad is offline   Reply With Quote