Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 20, 2006, 2:29 PM   #1

For some reason our E-300, purchased last April, fails to respond whenever we insert the media card. I have tried two 1Gb cards that have worked flawlessly prior to this and even tried a new 512Mb card we purchased on a trip this weekend.

When I insert the card and turn on the camera it acts as though the battery is dead. No response..cannot get the menu to show or the info button to respond or anything. If I take out the card the menu and info screens work just fine.

Anyone know what might be going on? This has been a fabulous camera up to this point.

Thanks in advance!

Alan
alackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:24 PM   #2

Could be a bent pin, or something else.

Since it's almost a year, suggest you get it into Olympus ASAP before the warranty expires. Hopefully it's a free repair.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:57 PM   #3

You might also try resetting all the defaults; it's possible you accidentally set something amiss that's causing it. Have you reformatted the cards out of camera, using a computer? That could possibly cause a problem. Other than that, though, yeah, possibly a bent pin in the camera or something else card related. If more than one card causes it to act up that way, and you haven't done anything strange to the cards, then it obviously sounds like it's in the camera.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 7:12 PM   #4

Yeah...three different cards have caused the camera to act this way. Two that were working just fine and one brand new one. My wife even tried a co-workers card. He has the same camera and it was working fine in his camera.

We sent it in for repair under the warranty since we purchased it last April.

Figure it best to have it looked at and let Olympus tell us what is wrong.
alackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 9:56 PM   #5

Let us know what happens.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote