Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 29, 2006, 11:55 AM   #1

I can update my camera firmware fine (E1) and am using the latest 1.5 viewer software from olympus. I am using windows 2000 so there is no firewall issue.

But when I try to update my 50-200 tele zoom the software just freezes without managing to get anything over to the camera.

Previously I had another 50-200 that I tried to update just before leaving for vacation and it died during the update (update failed after the circular arrows appeared). The lens was dead. Fortunately B&H helped me out. Now I don't have immediate use for the lens but would like to update it (says current firmware available improves exposure accuracy).

Anybody else have trouble updating the 50-200mm zoom?

Thanks!

Olympian.
olympian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 7:35 PM   #2

Nobody is helping me on this forum:sad: How come?

Do I need to ask my questions differently? :O
Old May 1, 2006, 9:41 PM   #3

well i have the 50-200, and i am not aware of any firmware for that lens, at least not anything recent, the one you have should be up to date unless it's older
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 12:20 PM   #4

I have V 1.0 in the lens. The updater says a later version 1.1 is available and improves the exposure settings.

So the lens is not old (1 yr) but there is later firmware than was available when the lens was built. It's just that the update freezes when trying to update the lens.

Old May 2, 2006, 9:57 PM   #5

yeah i have v1.1...hmm, perhaps try disconnecting the lens, running the update check, then reconnect? I dunno, seems like a pain though
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote