Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old May 5, 2006, 3:26 AM   #1

I have a new Olympus E1. Never took a picture. I have posted a problem about it. I now realise that it is not the problem. Now I have discovered that the problem is in the camera menu.Go into menu 1st card Setup (Fine) 2nd its a just an arrow head then 4 symbols second one down symbol the the word off, next raw data edit. I cannot get into this part of the menu. It is the only part I cannot access. I believe this is causing the error card error, with every card I put in the camera.

I have checked my cards in another camera and the work fine. The card from that camera was placed in mine and showed a Card Error, but when replaced in the other camera worked fine again. Can any one help please, I have emailed Olympus, twice and got no reply
dingbat2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2006, 3:05 PM   #2

all i can suggest to help is if its new return it and get them to look into it or phone who u got it off and ask.

i dont see what u describe on my e300 so menu system must be different, other option is to update the firmware if an update is available
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:09 PM   #3

the card needs to be formated by an olympus camera.

is the other camera you say it works in an olympus.

try a new card and let the olympus e-1 format it.

or take card to the camera store and use another olympus camera to format card, than try that card in your e-1.

hope this helps.

also make sure you are putting card in correctly, and look at the pins inside the camera under a good light to see if any prongs are bent.
guicklook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 5:04 PM   #4

Hello Folks.
Problem Solved, It was a camera problem and probably happened in manafacture.
1 or 2 of the retaining pins that the flash card fits on, were bent. The card could not make contact. So any one with a problem such as that.CHECK THESE PINS
Old May 8, 2006, 6:10 PM   #5

did you fix them, or did you send it back to olympus?

i am glad you found what was wrong.
guicklook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 1:53 PM   #6

Sent it back to where it was bought. a month ago They undertook to fix it under guarantee, they said they could not send it to olympus as I had not got the original package, I had a bill of sale a guarantee and a receipt. They still said it was no good.
They eventually agreed pay for sending it back to me fixed. Some outfit