Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2
Default

I inserted a freshly charged battery into my Olympus E-500 which I have had since Christmas. About 3 hours later, I went to turn it on and the camera was extremly hot where the menu buttons are located. The LCD was working but the picture was barely visible. I took a few pictures and I could see that it was taking pictures, but because it was hot, I decided not to use it any more. I thought I had a battery problem, so I bought a new battery. It doesn't over heat anymore, but I still have same problem with my LCD panel and the battery energy drains within minutes.....any idea as to what has happened?

April
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 824
Default

Are you leaving the LCD panel on? Does it still get hot when the LCD is off? Sounds like some potential circuitry problem.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:10 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2
Default

The LCD Panel only comes on when the camera is turned on.


April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 2:40 AM   #4
Member
 
zoegy73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 56
Default

Better to return to Olympus if it's still under warranty. I think you have short circuit problem.
zoegy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:25 AM.