Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 5, 2006, 10:45 AM   #1

Hi, I now own an E-500 and love it. But the camera exceeds my point and shoot skills. I am working my way through the manual and for the most partam doing okay. I needto establish a workflow or method of operation to go from shooting to printing. I still can't get my adobe elements to support my raw images. Do I need an upgrade? Sometimes the picture I see on my toshiba monitor is not quite what I get from my hp printer...is this a color management issue...so many questions...where can I find a online mentor. Thanks, donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2

I use Adobe Photoshop CS2 along with Noise Ninja for my E-500 shooting. I store my pictures as I shoot on two devices: Super Digibin and Wolverdata Data MVP device. Each time I finish shooting a site, I upload the pictures to the device. It creates a new directory. I list the directory number and the location in a note book.

After I am done, I connect the device to the computer and upload it into a directory. Adobe Photoshop CS2 can automate converting RAW to JPG. You can add actions for Noise Ninja processing. I guess processing is based on how well you shoot and how much you need to do to the pictures. I like a storage device because it is USB 2 and organizes your pictures by site.

I use these devices on my European trips with great success. I have brought back thousands of pictures.

mckennma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 7:00 AM   #3

For PhotoShop, You need the raw plug-in to be found here http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ugin20_Win.exe, but I don't know if that works for Elements.

jorgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 11:20 AM   #4

Donna, see your private messages.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:48 PM   #5

Quote:
I still can't get my adobe elements to support my raw images. Do I need an upgrade?
Check out this page for the latest RAW plug-in for Elements that supports all of the E-system cameras including the E-500 & E-330:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3364
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:13 PM   #6

Thank you so much for your kind reply...I wil give your advice a try. donna
Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:15 PM   #7

Thanks for your kind reply. I will check out the site. I appreciate your taking an interest in a new-comer. donna