Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:24 AM   #1

Hi, I recently purchased the E-500 and installed the software. The software works fine, but when I try to import a picture with adobe 2.0 my laptop can't find the camera. An older model olympus is listedon my hard drive. Do I need to download a driver or update...where would I find this....thanks, donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:26 AM   #2

Are you running XP? There should be a driver on the CD, or go to this link:

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...ssoftware6.cfm

Also, check to see if your camera in Setup Menu 2, PC MODE is set to either AUTO or STORAGE.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:37 AM   #3

Hi, yes I am running XP. I will try your other suggestions. On my hard drive there was an olympus camera, but an outdated model...probably new at the time I bought my toshiba, about 3-4 years ago. The software runs, but there is no indication of my E-500 on my hard drive. I would have thought when I loaded the software, my new camera would have been recognize by my computer. So when I am in adobe 2.0 and in the drop down menu hit import picture, adobe tells me it can't find the camera. I know I need to upgrade for raw files, but wonder if I wouldn't have the same problem with 4.0. And yes the usb cable is set to auto. Found driver...dg
Old Jun 24, 2006, 7:35 AM   #4

Hi, may I ask one more question, if I had the opportunity to purchase an olympus camedia C-7000, is this a camera I would want to own, I heard someone talking about it on a forum and they said it was a classic camera...sounded like a nice carry around kind of camera. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 9:11 PM   #5

I found a USB card reader is much faster.
mckennma is offline   Reply With Quote