Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 4, 2006, 7:59 PM   #1

We have a Olympus D-490 zoom it's having problems starting when open and* looses power which turns it off.* Time for a upgrade, we need a great macro and the camera most be true to color. The D-490 has done all of this for me! I need a suggestion and it has to be a Olympus. We take pictures of daylilies all color spectrum they have to be true in color. Where looking at the Sp- 500 ultra zoom or E-500 ( highly priced 799.00 )
jacfrost60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:26 PM   #2

I have the e-500 and you wont go wrong.Im still expermitting with mine .One of the most user friendly cameras ive seen for me any how.18/180 lense oly .This is one of the first fotos in automode.
Attached Images

outdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:47 PM   #3

If you need macro capability, the macro lenses for the E-500 are among the very best. I'm using the 50mmF2 macro. It's a pretty expensive piece of glass but it's magnificent. I was actually shooting some scenics with it today but I'll post a closeup here so that you can see the lens working in close. This is a 40 year old dinky toy that's barely 3" long. And check out my "Little Mutant" in the "Closeup" picture section of the board.

The 50mmF2 is regarded by many as one of the very best general purpose macro lenses available anywhere. Olympus also makes a much less expensive 35mm macro which I hear terrific things about. It has even higher magnification than the 50mm...but it's a bit slower.

Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:56 PM   #4

Im new to this stuff but im learning as i go myself.Hope i can take good quality fotos one day.
outdoor is offline   Reply With Quote