Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 27, 2006, 1:20 PM   #1

This may be way out there, but you'll never know unless you ask. I just located two lenses that came with an old VHS camera, which we had bought about 12 or 13 years ago. One is a Tele Conversion Lens, and the other is a Wide Conversion Lens (manufactured by Panasonic). There aren't any numerical values on them, so I cannot offer anything as to their strength. But I was wondering if there was a way by which to adapt them to my E-500's lens, and - if so - do you think (depending on the cost of such an adapter.....if there IS one) that it just might be worth it to find out?

I'd really hate to toss them out, in the possible event that they may prove to be beneficial to me.

________

Blessings,

Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:09 PM   #2

No conversion lens of any kindwill work with any lens designed for Olympus DSLR's and you shouldn't try unless you don't mind possibly damaging both the adapter and your lens. Conversion lensesare only designed to work on non-interchangeable lens cameras where a conversion lens is your only option to get wider or go longer.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 2:27 PM   #3

Thanks Greg. I was just wondering.

________
Blessings,

Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote