Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 7, 2006, 2:02 PM   #1

I am new to the E-500 and have picked up a lot of information here on the forum, but wish I could see just what some of you guys are doing with your camera. I have never posted a picture here, just the panny forum, but hope to soon. Thanks, Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 5:23 PM   #2

Go to the websitemyfourthirds.com. Lots of E500 images are out there to view.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:19 PM   #3

See http://www.pbase.com/cameras/olympus/e_500

These are pictures taken by the E-500 determined by the info in the Exif file. They may be great, or average.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 8:04 PM   #4

I only got my E-500 in April and never used a DSL camera before. I finally mustered up the courage to show some of my photos on Flickr. :O

I'd like to see more E-500 photos too, so thanks for posting these links!

pmb (Paula)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmbpro

pmbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 1:56 AM   #5

To answer your PM, this isn't really a picture posting forum...there are sites like myfourthirds.com and myolympus.org which are geared towards posting pictures (not that you couldn't post pictures here).

Personally I ignore messages that contain pictures that are posted just for the sake of posting a picture. I guess for me being the projectionist of a camera club I see more than my share of pictures in a week, and when I come to a site like this I prefer just to read the technical questions and answers about the camera rather than look at pictures, unless the picture demonstrates a technical effect (like infrared photography) or something that isn't every day ordinary. Here's an example of a photograph I'm well known for, a closeup of a plasma globe taken with a C-700 (yes, the image was all done in camera except for some sharpening and colour tweaking...this ISN'T a computer generated graphic)...the "stars" are actually purposely generated hot pixels...Spaceship Over a Red Dwarf:

Here's a link to the entire plasma globe so you can see what it actually is a picture of:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/08...lasmaglobe.jpg
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:36 AM   #6

That is one of the most clever shots I have ever seen, it's absolutely mind boggling.
MOG_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:17 PM   #7

Well, I am glad you posted your picture, even if that doesn't interest you as much as the technical stuff...Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:01 PM   #8

Interesting. Apicture posted by a guy who usually ignores pictures posted for the sake of being posted with a camera other than the E-500 which was what the author of the thread had hoped to see examples of. Hmmm :lol:

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:01 PM   #9

Interesting. Apicture posted by a guy who usually ignores pictures posted for the sake of being posted with a camera other than the E-500 which was what the author of the thread had hoped to see examples of. Hmmm :lol:

Teree
gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:21 AM   #10
Mag

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
I am new to the E-500 and have picked up a lot of information here on the forum, but wish I could see just what some of you guys are doing with your camera. I have never posted a picture here, just the panny forum, but hope to soon. Thanks, Donna
I just got my E500 a couple weeks ago, so far I am very pleased with it. I have not done hardly any action shotsbut Iwas fairly pleased with my results with the E500 from todays compact boat racing with the 40-150 kit lens, althought I have alot of throw aways, here are some of my favs. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote