Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:50 PM   #1

HI Guys.. awhile back I was here asking why I should have an SLR... Got lots of feedback.... Did more research, looked at pictures from sites you guys sent me to etc..etc..etc.. Finally purchased the E500....

Practicng around the place here --- ALL pictures were both fuzzy and overexposed.. Figured out the overexposure problems... Now they are just ALL fuzzy... I have tried to change the Apture as the book suggest.. When I set it to A it shows no numbers at the top as it does for --- say --- shutter speed.. it just has the little lines all blank.

I have read and re-read the book on this subject and cannot figure out how to do this..

Or, other ideas welcome...... I have the 14x45 lens on.. Its not that I am to close as I have taken pictures of a Barn 100 feet away right down to a flower up close. They all come out fuzzy..

Would appreciate you thoughts.

Cree:?
Cree77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:05 PM   #2

sounds like your lens is not locked in position, take lens off and put it back on twisting it till you here the lock engage.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:20 PM   #3

Well, I don't mind sounding stupid as long as I get help..:-)

Yes, the lens was not on..... NOW it is but it will not take a picture..

Yes its turned on.. Yes the cover is off...

Cree
Old Aug 9, 2006, 3:32 PM   #4

nevermind last email... its working now..

Thanks so much

Cree
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:50 PM   #5

Just to add a note for future reference: Not only is it possible to have the lens not on fully, it's also possible to OVER rotate it past the proper position. So make sure you don't hold the lens release button down while mounting the lens.
Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:17 PM   #6

Thanks Brent... No, I did not hold the release button down .. so am ok there.. Went out and took a bunch of the same pictures I took before and MUCH better..

Thanks again.. I knew it had to be something simple but it did force me into the programs and such so got a beginning feel for that..

Now, can't wait to get out and give it some real work.. Unfortunately I am so stuck on photographing things far away I am sure my Kodak with the Oly lens will still be in good use too...

Cree
Old Aug 9, 2006, 6:46 PM   #7

cshanaberger wrote:
Quote:
sounds like your lens is not locked in position, take lens off and put it back on twisting it till you here the lock engage.
Damn, good call on the first shot!
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:26 PM   #8

thanks swgod98, but i only knew the answer because i have done the same thing myself.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote