Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 15, 2006, 7:28 AM   #1
oel

I'm Looking for a more comfortable eyepiece to add to my E500, can anyone share their experience with thisone foreyeglass wearers???

"Large Eyecup (AS-EP6 W)
Bigger eyecup made of flexible rubber which gives better protection when using the camera in strong backlit conditions. Also ideal for users wearing glasses. It can be used for the Evolt E-300 & E-500. "

thanks
oel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:52 PM   #2

I bought the EP6 for my new E500. I wear glasses (no line trifocal) and I find it a little easier to see the settings on the side.

It does not come with any install instructions. Basicly you slide it up out of the mount just being careful not to put too much pressure on it.

I did find the $19.95 cost a little high considering it only costs $7 for the EP5.
mgfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:04 AM   #3

I use it on my E-300 but without glasses--I need glasses for reading, but when shooting I just crank up the diopter on the viewfinder; I find it too difficult to get my eye really at the proper position when using glasses, but the large rubber eyecup is excellent for me, since it positions the eye at just the right position and eye relief and blocks out surrounding light. When wearing glasses you might also try merely using the camera without any eyecup at all and see if that helps.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 7:47 AM   #4
oel

Thanks for the replys:-)

mgfarr. I will probaly try it as every little bit helps.

Norm in Fujino,
Quote:
I just crank up the diopter on the viewfinder;
CanI do that on the E500??, I'm a real newby..

Quote:
but the large rubber eyecup is excellent for me, since it positions the eye at just the right position and eye relief and blocks out surrounding light. When wearing glasses you might also try merely using the camera without any eyecup at all and see if that helps.
Thanks I will try this too

Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:56 AM   #5

oel wrote:
Quote:
CanI do that on the E500??, I'm a real newby..
Check p. 190 of the manual, and look for the "diopter adjustment dial." Rotate it until the focus marks are clear in the vf.

Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:06 PM   #6
oel

Again, thanks Norm..