Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   5th Avenue (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/5th-avenue-210224/)

MarceloLI Feb 28, 2014 9:22 AM

5th Avenue
 
I found this picture yesterday in the corner of my hard drive.

OMD-E5 + 12-50mm (no tripod)

http://marcelobarrera.zenfolio.com/i...27512732-5.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone.

Marcelo

Greg Chappell Feb 28, 2014 9:25 AM

You have some great places to be shooting. I really enjoyed shooting down in the Paris Metro. The NY subway system has got to be a treasure-trove of photographic opportunities as this example shows. It's amazing with all the people there, and being in the middle of Manhattan like you were here, there could be found a spot on Fifth Avenue with no one in the image.

chiPersei Feb 28, 2014 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarceloLI (Post 1369080)
I found this picture yesterday in the corner of my hard drive.

Marcelo


I'd say keep looking!

Steven R Feb 28, 2014 6:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiPersei (Post 1369092)
I'd say keep looking!

I'll second that!

MacBook Mar 1, 2014 9:44 AM

I agree, nice composition and shot and amazing with no one in the frame!

I was thinking it would be interesting -- but a complete no-go, obviously -- to be shooting from down in the tracks. So then I thought about putting the camera on the ground to give some sense of looking up. But then it might have been much less effective than what you already have.

MarceloLI Mar 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 1369081)
You have some great places to be shooting. I really enjoyed shooting down in the Paris Metro. The NY subway system has got to be a treasure-trove of photographic opportunities as this example shows. It's amazing with all the people there, and being in the middle of Manhattan like you were here, there could be found a spot on Fifth Avenue with no one in the image.

The 5th Ave station is extremely busy because is the stop were you access Central Park and 5Th Ave, I was very lucky to capture this scene in a very cold Sunday and the train just took all the people waiting there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiPersei (Post 1369092)
I'd say keep looking!

LOL, sure I will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1369102)
I'll second that!

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBook (Post 1369134)
I agree, nice composition and shot and amazing with no one in the frame!

I was thinking it would be interesting -- but a complete no-go, obviously -- to be shooting from down in the tracks. So then I thought about putting the camera on the ground to give some sense of looking up. But then it might have been much less effective than what you already have.

MacBook, thank you for commenting and the suggestion, I will try one of this days that POV but of course not from the train tracks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:43 AM.