Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:43 PM   #1
TG

Default Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix 2018

Photos from Free Practice & Qualifying form the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix. Taken with E-M1 II and Panasonic 100-400mm through the wire mesh fences. Had a bit of everything this day with the weather heavy rain when I got to the track, beautiful sunshine and some rain late in the day again. As the the saying goes with Melbourne's weather "four seasons in one day"

Was a good day testing the E-M1 II these are the hardest situations I photograph with having mesh fences, poles, people in your way (crowd and marshals) and bad light in the very late afternoon. There is very limited space to frame your photos and you are a distance away from the main mesh fence behind a smaller second fence.

No real problems with C-AF with the mesh fence with it focusing a couple times on the mesh when using cross group of focus points and no issue with single small focus point. Once again the C-AF performing excellent with very few out of focus photos. This camera is in another league when comparing it to the E-M1 in AF.

Tried mechanical & electronic shutter, single shot sequential shooting in both these modes. Rolling shutter effect showed up with panning on fence in background. Lesson learnt will only use electronic shutter with clean backgrounds. So happy with the cameras performance this could be my last upgrade for at least a couple models hopefully.

Talking to a few fellow armature photographers while shooting with some taking a lot of interest in my E-M1 II and the mirrorless system with a lot believing this is the future of Digital Photography.

Anyway that's enough dribble from me here are some photos from the F1 GP.

1)

[/url]
2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

Last edited by TG; Mar 31, 2018 at 11:58 PM.
TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:09 AM   #2

......thanks Tom, FANTASTIC images, just what I expected and wanted to see.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:26 AM   #3

These are fantastic. Great angle of view and excellent captures. Camera=excellent images. Guy who was using the camera=even better. Takes the latter to get the former.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote