Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   can someone reccomend a case to hold the EPL-1 and 2 lens's? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/can-someone-reccomend-case-hold-epl-1-2-lenss-189987/)

lotust Jul 11, 2011 10:39 AM

can someone reccomend a case to hold the EPL-1 and 2 lens's?
 
What is the best way to carry the len's and body? I was fine with the case I had until I went and bought this huge 45-200mm panasonic lens. It stays on the camera most of the time. but I still like to bring the smaller 14-42mm panasonic too.


thanks

zig-123 Jul 11, 2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotust (Post 1240584)
What is the best way to carry the len's and body? I was fine with the case I had until I went and bought this huge 45-200mm panasonic lens. It stays on the camera most of the time. but I still like to bring the smaller 14-42mm panasonic too.


thanks

I use a Tamrac Velocity 7 sling pack mostly because it is functional and I'm cheap. I don't like to spend more money than I have to.
Actually, the Velocity 7 is my main pack these day as I can pack my full sized E-30 dslr with the 12-60mm lens on it. There is enough room left to pack a 50-200mm 2.8-3.5 lens in it as well.

When I'm going lite, I stuff the EPL-1 with the 12-60mm mounted into it and it still leaves enough room to pack a 14-42mm lens as well as my m43 9-18mm lens

I like the fact that it a sling as I can slide it forward to gain access to the camera and/or lenses very easily.

National Geographics also has very nice top quality bags.

Links are

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Velocit...0401057&sr=8-1


http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-NG-2343-
Explorer/dp/B000LY5CUS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310401098&sr =1-1

Greg Chappell Jul 11, 2011 11:34 AM

Tamrac's little System 5 shoulder bag will also hold a compact Pen outfit with enough room for accessories like additional batteries, card, etc., and is pretty small. I can easily fit my E-PL1+VF2, 14-42II, 20/1.7 and 75-300 in that bag.

lotust Jul 11, 2011 2:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zig-123 (Post 1240592)
I use a Tamrac Velocity 7 sling pack mostly because it is functional and I'm cheap. I don't like to spend more money than I have to.
Actually, the Velocity 7 is my main pack these day as I can pack my full sized E-30 dslr with the 12-60mm lens on it. There is enough room left to pack a 50-200mm 2.8-3.5 lens in it as well.

When I'm going lite, I stuff the EPL-1 with the 12-60mm mounted into it and it still leaves enough room to pack a 14-42mm lens as well as my m43 9-18mm lens

I like the fact that it a sling as I can slide it forward to gain access to the camera and/or lenses very easily.

National Geographics also has very nice top quality bags.

Links are

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Velocit...0401057&sr=8-1


http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-NG-2343-
Explorer/dp/B000LY5CUS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310401098&sr =1-1



thanks Zig. I like the National Geographic Earth Explorer bag. I will look into it more later on. Seems like its a smart investment to protect such expensive equipment.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 1240594)
Tamrac's little System 5 shoulder bag will also hold a compact Pen outfit with enough room for accessories like additional batteries, card, etc., and is pretty small. I can easily fit my E-PL1+VF2, 14-42II, 20/1.7 and 75-300 in that bag.


Thanks Greg, I will check them both out later on tonight after dinner. Its nice to know what fits and what is a waste of money.

shoturtle Jul 11, 2011 4:53 PM

are you looking for a sling bag, backpack or shoulder bag?

lotust Jul 12, 2011 8:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 1240594)
Tamrac's little System 5 shoulder bag will also hold a compact Pen outfit with enough room for accessories like additional batteries, card, etc., and is pretty small. I can easily fit my E-PL1+VF2, 14-42II, 20/1.7 and 75-300 in that bag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1240681)
are you looking for a sling bag, backpack or shoulder bag?


haha no idea really. I would prefer not to carry one at all. :sport-smiley-004: The smaller the better I think. I did not have time last night to do my research. DO you have a recommendation?

shoturtle Jul 12, 2011 4:54 PM

shoulder bag crumpler 4 million dollar home

sling bag tamrac velocity 6x, the 7X is more bag then you need. With just the 2 lenses the 6x is a smaller bag, with plenty of room still.

If you have a backpack already, you can look at a crumpler Haven small. It makes any bag a camera bag. With what you have, you really do not need a camera backpack. They hold a ton of stuff.

lotust Jul 12, 2011 5:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1240912)
shoulder bag crumpler 4 million dollar home

sling bag tamrac velocity 6x, the 7X is more bag then you need. With just the 2 lenses the 6x is a smaller bag, with plenty of room still.

If you have a backpack already, you can look at a crumpler Haven small. It makes any bag a camera bag. With what you have, you really do not need a camera backpack. They hold a ton of stuff.


thank you very much for your input. I was just at besybuy today and I forgot to look. Though I never buy from them unless its on sale.

Greg Chappell Jul 26, 2011 4:42 PM

FWIW, yesterday I was at Arlington Camera just messin' around (always a dangerous thing to be doing) before going to the Rangers baseball game and I ran across their Think Tank section of bags and the Retrospective 5 model, which works like a charm with the Pens and I grabbed a black one (they had black & gray in stock).

Everything that went into the Tamrc System 5 bag I described above also fits into this Think Tank bag, and it's a much slimmer, non-photographic-looking bag.

Add another bag to the (my) pile....

lotust Jul 27, 2011 6:11 PM

great info thanks again Greg.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.