Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:12 AM   #1

Default A Couple Of Practial Setup Items RE: The E-M1 Mark II

For setting a lens to infinity, there is a setting in the A3 cogs menu called "preset MF Distance", allowing you to set a pre-set distance, either in meters or feet, then map that setting to any of the FN buttons, allowing you to simply press a button, either on the body or the L-FN button on any of the Pro lenses can be set to utilize this, and the lens will jump into manual focus and go to that distance. I have the manual focus distance set to 999.9 meters, but I will often go in and change that to 5 meters when using the 7-14mm f2.8 to shoot landscapes, where 5 meters is a good "hyperfocal" setting for the 7-14 to maximize depth of field and deal with the field curvature.

FLASH...and more specifically, radio-controlled flash. Do you wish Olympus offered radio-controlled TTL flash that did not require an optical line-of-sight like the Olympus-branded flash units?

Well, they don't, but GODOX does. Joe Ellis is a great wedding photographer here in Dallas who utilizes the Godox flash system with his E-M1 Mark II outfit. Take a look at the linked video below. I plan on picking up 1-2 of these units and the controller. VERY affordable, excellent system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhjeDshHV7k

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jun 29, 2018 at 1:36 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links